Sandwiches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennerose

Assistant Cook
Sandwiches is made with two or more slice of breads with fillings.Sandwiches can be made even with two slice of breads.

Parts of Sandwiches:
  1. Base
  2. spreads
  3. fillings
  4. garnish
Bread can be a base,Mayonnaies or butter can be as spread,Fillings can be used in different varities such as cheese,coleslaw,vegetables,ham,chicken,prawns&seafood,tuna fish etc.

Sandwiches Name:
club s/w,double ducker,french loaf s/w,finger s/w
According to users taste s/w can be made.i.e fillings can be made according to the user wish.

I'm fairly sure I've known and understood the ingredients of making a good and proper sandwich since I was three years old...easily ....but I'm not quite sure what s/w is...?
Could that possibly be an instruction to slice it or leave it whole??:wacko:

sandwiches

s/w means sandwiches-It is short way of telling sandwiches

New Recipe

hi friends,
could you tell me some new recipe to make sandwiches

I never really think of sandwiches actually requiring recipes. If you like it, and it isn't liquid, I see no reason not to slap it between two slices of bread/roll/wrap/cracker...

Okay Jenerose, this one is a bit advanced, but you can handle it if you can READ AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS!

Monte Cristo Sandwich

1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
1 Tbs sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

1 loaf Texas Toast style bread (regular sliced bread optional)
8oz deli sliced Black Forest Ham
8oz deli sliced oven roasted turkey breast
1 pound Swiss cheese

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl. Beat eggs and milk; stir into flour mixture until smooth. Let stand for 15 minutes.

Prepare two ham, turkey, and Swiss cheese sandwiches on Texas toast bread, or if using regular bread, a slice of bread, ham and Swiss, a slice of bread, turkey and Swiss and a third slice of bread to create a club style sandwich. Cut each sandwich diagonally and secure the halves with tooth picks or wooden skewers. Dip each sandwich half in batter and roll to coat well. Deep fry each sandwich section in 375F oil until golden brown, turning once if necessary. Drain on paper towels and remove wooden picks.

Serve one sandwich half per plate, generously dusted with powdered sugar and accompanied by a big dollop of strawberry jam. Add a mixed berry salad with sour cream & honey dressing, and a Strawberry Julius to complete one of the best brunches you will ever have/serve!.

Last edited:
Make a salad with some baby greens, water-packed mozzarella, roasted red peppers, strips of grilled portabella mushrooms, shaved prosciutto, kalamata olives, make a dressing of fresh basil, oil, garlic, kosher salt and give it a whirl in a blender. Toss the salad lightly in it, drizzle some on each side of baguette - place your "salad" on the bread and toss it on a panini maker.

When I was a skinny little thing I used to eat butter and sugar sandwiches - it creeps me out now! lol

Last edited:
I would have to say that the only limit to the number of recipes for a "sandwich" depends on what is available and your imagination.

Sorry, jennerose - you didn't bother to enter where you live in your user profile - so it's really hard for us to tell you what might be a new sandwich idea for you based on where you live. I have a nephew deployed in Afghanistan and the kids there had never heard of a "peanut butter and jelly sandwich" - and I, and his dad, grew up on them.

We also used to eat onion sandwiches (two slices of bread slathered with mayonaise and a slice of onion in the middle), and tomato sandwiches (same as the onion sandwich but with a thick slice of tomato), and lettuce sandwiches ... make a sandwich with 2-3 slices of fried bacon, a slice of tomato and some lettuce and you have a classic BLT! Sometimes we had cheese to add to a sandwich, sometimes cheese was the only thing we had between the bread - sometimes we ate them cold and sometimes we toasted them ... sometimes we had a "wish" sandwich ... two slices of bread slathered with some mayo and we "wished" we had something else to put in it.

The sandwich existed long before the cook for the English "Earl of Sandwich" put some roasted beef between two slices of bread ... take a kabob and strip the meat off and serve it in a folded-up piece of flat bread was a sandwich ... popular long before the "Earl" - like Béchamel sauce was originally documented in a cooking book by a Greek cook named Orion over 400 years before it showed up in France under the name Béchamel.

SurvivorGirl said:
Isn't that spicy?:ermm:

If it's a Vidalia onion it is sweet and not hot usually. I used to marinate my tomatoes in basil oil and onion but remove the onion before I made my sandwich :chef:

Michael in FtW: I couldn't agree with you more. When I moved cross country from Texas to Illinois, I thought that I could count on Brand Names to be the same. That was a pipe dream!

The first thing that I reached for was a sandwich. Oscar Mayer, Miracle Whip, and Kraft. What a shock! They obviously have more than one recipe!

There is nothing better than French's Mustard in Illinois.

Pork Sausage Brands are better in Illinois and Jimmy Dean is not the pick of the house.

Fast Food varies too and so does the menu! I ordered without looking at the menu at TACO Bell and the clerk comes back and says "What?" :ROFLMAO:

CharlieD said:
If you are going to make sandwiches here is an example how to. Don't worry abouot the lenguage, just click on the link below look at the pictures

Didn't your mother tell you not to play with your food?

CharlieD said:
If you are going to make sandwiches here is an example how to. Don't worry abouot the lenguage, just click on the link below look at the pictures:

Òåñòû, èãðû, ïðîãðàììû, èíòåðåñíûå ýôôåêòû è ÿâëåíèÿ ïðèðîäû : Áóòåð-àðò

Well, I did say that I needed some recipes for bologna! :LOL: Although I do not speak or read the language, you can narrow the responses down and understand them. (I guess there is not a foreign word for E-Mail....did you join? :) )

I envision a rainy day summer project in this. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom