"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches > Sandwiches & Wraps

Old 02-22-2016, 02:02 AM   #81
Master Chef

Wow, larry, a sandwich shop that is all peanut butter variations? Pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever seen a PB&J on a menu.
Cleveland has a mini-chain of grilled sandwiches shops, Melt Bar and Grilled. (GG, didn't you stop at one on your way up to MI one time?) They actually have an offering on their regular menu that features peanut butter and cream cheese, along with caramelized bananas and candied peanuts, with preserves for dipping. I thought it sounded interesting.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:44 AM   #82
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Cleveland has a mini-chain of grilled sandwiches shops, Melt Bar and Grilled. (GG, didn't you stop at one on your way up to MI one time?) They actually have an offering on their regular menu that features peanut butter and cream cheese, along with caramelized bananas and candied peanuts, with preserves for dipping. I thought it sounded interesting.
We did! DH had it in mind to stop somewhere that had been on "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" with Guy Fieri. I had an incredible grilled shrimp sandwich with caramelized onions and a light cheese - something like Havarti, I think. It was their monthly special at the time. So good

I've seen peanut butter and jelly on children's menus, too. And I've seen variations of Elvis' favorite, peanut butter and honey with bananas

Old 02-22-2016, 07:58 AM   #83
Head Chef

Thumbs up

I quite like the peanut and jelly combo but vary it.

It's good on malt bread with banana too! I like crunchy peanut butter and either redcurrant jelly or cranberry sauce also goes well.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:55 AM   #84
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
We did! DH had it in mind to stop somewhere that had been on "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" with Guy Fieri. I had an incredible grilled shrimp sandwich with caramelized onions and a light cheese - something like Havarti, I think. It was their monthly special at the time. So good
I couldn't stop thinking about it. This is what I had, including the watermelon margarita
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Melt Bar and Grilled shrimp sandwich menu.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	24357   Click image for larger version

Name:	Melt Bar and Grilled shrimp sandwich.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	24358  

Old 02-22-2016, 09:14 AM   #85
Master Chef

You all have me thinking of PB&J. I like crunchy PB best. TJ's crunchy with chia seeds and roasted flax seeds has no sugar in it is wonderful or Peter Pan are my favorites. On Wonder bread lol. I like to sprinkle the PB with cinnamon then Smuckers strawberry preserves. A variation I like is a PBJ&F Club - PB&J sandwich then on the top of the top slice fluff marshmallow spread then another slice of bread. Then there is FlufferNutter. And a fav is cream cheese and jelly.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:02 PM   #86
Master Chef

I love TJ's peanut butter too. I don't have any right now, so Jif has to do. I love it on dense whole wheat, a spread of good honey, and a tall glass of cold milk.

Every now and then I'll get TJ's sunflower seed butter - it's sooo good IMO, and a nice change from peanut butter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	014-2.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	24359  
Old 02-22-2016, 01:14 PM   #87
Head Chef

Lightbulb

Peanut butter is one of the easiest things to make at home if you have a blender or food processor. I guess this is common knowledge? Plus, that way you get to avoid the palm oil (which many brands are made with) and can monitor the salt and sugar content. Hey, even add melted chocolate!
Old 02-22-2016, 01:17 PM   #88
Head Chef

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
I love TJ's peanut butter too. I don't have any right now, so Jif has to do. I love it on dense whole wheat, a spread of good honey, and a tall glass of cold milk.

Every now and then I'll get TJ's sunflower seed butter - it's sooo good IMO, and a nice change from peanut butter.
I haven't tried this recipe for sunflower seed butter but it claims to be better than 'anything you'd purchase!' (unless you like the evaporated cane juice it contains more in the TJ brand)

Homemade Sunflower Seed Butter, Extra Creamy
Old 02-22-2016, 01:36 PM   #89
Master Chef

Never tried sunflower butter.

This is the TJ PB I like.
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2016, 01:39 PM   #90
Head Chef

Lightbulb

I am thinking of making hazelnut butter....maybe adding melted chocolate - home made Nutella
- without the palm oil!

Tags
sandwich