"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches > Sandwiches & Wraps

Old 10-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #11
Certified Cake Maniac

He can't have wheat, gluten, dairy, casein, soy or eggs.

First thing is instead of the rolls I would use his potato bread or buns. In the marinade I only need to use a gluten free beer (he gets them for special occasions) and use ghee (clarified butter).

For the tomatoes I would have to leave out the anchovies (we both love them) because they are packed in soy. Even rinsing well isn't enough. I will figure something out for that.

But, Ma, your recipes always use so many fresh or natural ingredients so switching them up is easy!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post

First thing is instead of the rolls I would use his potato bread or buns. In the marinade I only need to use a gluten free beer (he gets them for special occasions) and use ghee (clarified butter).

For the tomatoes I would have to leave out the anchovies (we both love them) because they are packed in soy. Even rinsing well isn't enough. I will figure something out for that.

But, Ma, your recipes always use so many fresh or natural ingredients so switching them up is easy!
This helps, If I find helpful things I'll let you know.Thanks sweetie
I saw in another post that your taking asprin as well as a blood thinner YIKES girl, DH chocked on that piece of news did they say taking both was OK?
ma

Old 10-26-2012, 09:09 AM   #13
Head Chef

You're right, Kades. I take a blood thinner (warfarin) and have for years. I was cautioned to NEVER take aspirin in any form nor should I take anything containing aspirin. Tylenol is okay, but that's it. Can be very dangerous to mix both.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #14
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
This helps, If I find helpful things I'll let you know.Thanks sweetie
I saw in another post that your taking asprin as well as a blood thinner YIKES girl, DH chocked on that piece of news did they say taking both was OK?
ma
It was the cardiologist that put me on both. He wants me on a "baby" aspirin for life and the blood thinner until I get the appointment for the angiogram. But my GP said if bruising continues to stop the aspirin and call her any time!

Old 10-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
It was the cardiologist that put me on both. He wants me on a "baby" aspirin for life and the blood thinner until I get the appointment for the angiogram. But my GP said if bruising continues to stop the aspirin and call her any time!
I am surprised that your GP told you to do that. A doctor will usually confer with the prescribing doctor before making any changes.

A lot of cardio doctors have their patients on both aspirin and a blood thinner. I was on full strength aspirin and a high dosage of blood thinners. Sure the bruisers were nasty looking, but I got my cholesterol down to excellent numbers and am now on a baby aspirin and a lower dosage for blood thinner. Each one does a different function.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #16
Certified Cake Maniac

Sorry, Addie, I think this conversation is in a couple of places. My GP called the cardiologist to talk about the problem and he got angry and said that I should just suck it up and do what he told me...don't complain about the bruising. She (GP) is trying to get me to a new cardiologist (she didn't pick him the hospital did). She got all the results from him and today called to say I should stay on the blood thinner and stop the aspirin for now. The cardiologist I saw is leaving the request for the angiogram because it takes so long, but when I get the new doctor I will have the results go to them instead.

It has a lot to do with my other conditions and medications and he didn't take that into consideration.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Sorry, Addie, I think this conversation is in a couple of places. My GP called the cardiologist to talk about the problem and he got angry and said that I should just suck it up and do what he told me...don't complain about the bruising. She (GP) is trying to get me to a new cardiologist (she didn't pick him the hospital did). She got all the results from him and today called to say I should stay on the blood thinner and stop the aspirin for now. The cardiologist I saw is leaving the request for the angiogram because it takes so long, but when I get the new doctor I will have the results go to them instead.

It has a lot to do with my other conditions and medications and he didn't take that into consideration.
Sorry. I just looked again and saw you are in Canada. I can now understand the action your GP took.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #18
Certified Cake Maniac

Addie, I feel the need to take this conversation out of this thread so will be PMing you.

We need to get this back to steak sammies!

Old 10-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:

I nearly spit out my tea when I read that. Then I dashed to the fridge to check my anchovies, since I'm not allowed soy either.

Phew. My little jar of anchovies has: anchovies, sunflower oil, and salt. The brand is Allesia, prepared for Aurora Importing & Distribution Ltd., Mississauga, Ontario and Anjou, Québec. They stay fresh much longer in an open jar than an open can. They are from Italy.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:21 PM   #20
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I nearly spit out my tea when I read that. Then I dashed to the fridge to check my anchovies, since I'm not allowed soy either.

Phew. My little jar of anchovies has: anchovies, sunflower oil, and salt. The brand is Allesia, prepared for Aurora Importing & Distribution Ltd., Mississauga, Ontario and Anjou, Québec. They stay fresh much longer in an open jar than an open can. They are from Italy.
Thanks, TL, I will look for that brand in our specialty foods store. All three brands (in cans) that we can get here have soybean oil as an ingredient. It is great to get all these helps!

Tags
steak