"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches > Sandwiches & Wraps
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #11
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,938
He can't have wheat, gluten, dairy, casein, soy or eggs.

First thing is instead of the rolls I would use his potato bread or buns. In the marinade I only need to use a gluten free beer (he gets them for special occasions) and use ghee (clarified butter).

For the tomatoes I would have to leave out the anchovies (we both love them) because they are packed in soy. Even rinsing well isn't enough. I will figure something out for that.

But, Ma, your recipes always use so many fresh or natural ingredients so switching them up is easy!
__________________

__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
He can't have wheat, gluten, dairy, casein, soy or eggs.

First thing is instead of the rolls I would use his potato bread or buns. In the marinade I only need to use a gluten free beer (he gets them for special occasions) and use ghee (clarified butter).

For the tomatoes I would have to leave out the anchovies (we both love them) because they are packed in soy. Even rinsing well isn't enough. I will figure something out for that.

But, Ma, your recipes always use so many fresh or natural ingredients so switching them up is easy!
This helps, If I find helpful things I'll let you know.Thanks sweetie
I saw in another post that your taking asprin as well as a blood thinner YIKES girl, DH chocked on that piece of news did they say taking both was OK?
ma
__________________

__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:09 AM   #13
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: USA,Florida
Posts: 2,409
You're right, Kades. I take a blood thinner (warfarin) and have for years. I was cautioned to NEVER take aspirin in any form nor should I take anything containing aspirin. Tylenol is okay, but that's it. Can be very dangerous to mix both.
__________________
I can resist anything, but temptation. Oscar Wilde
lyndalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #14
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
This helps, If I find helpful things I'll let you know.Thanks sweetie
I saw in another post that your taking asprin as well as a blood thinner YIKES girl, DH chocked on that piece of news did they say taking both was OK?
ma
It was the cardiologist that put me on both. He wants me on a "baby" aspirin for life and the blood thinner until I get the appointment for the angiogram. But my GP said if bruising continues to stop the aspirin and call her any time!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
It was the cardiologist that put me on both. He wants me on a "baby" aspirin for life and the blood thinner until I get the appointment for the angiogram. But my GP said if bruising continues to stop the aspirin and call her any time!
I am surprised that your GP told you to do that. A doctor will usually confer with the prescribing doctor before making any changes.

A lot of cardio doctors have their patients on both aspirin and a blood thinner. I was on full strength aspirin and a high dosage of blood thinners. Sure the bruisers were nasty looking, but I got my cholesterol down to excellent numbers and am now on a baby aspirin and a lower dosage for blood thinner. Each one does a different function.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #16
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,938
Sorry, Addie, I think this conversation is in a couple of places. My GP called the cardiologist to talk about the problem and he got angry and said that I should just suck it up and do what he told me...don't complain about the bruising. She (GP) is trying to get me to a new cardiologist (she didn't pick him the hospital did). She got all the results from him and today called to say I should stay on the blood thinner and stop the aspirin for now. The cardiologist I saw is leaving the request for the angiogram because it takes so long, but when I get the new doctor I will have the results go to them instead.

It has a lot to do with my other conditions and medications and he didn't take that into consideration.
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Sorry, Addie, I think this conversation is in a couple of places. My GP called the cardiologist to talk about the problem and he got angry and said that I should just suck it up and do what he told me...don't complain about the bruising. She (GP) is trying to get me to a new cardiologist (she didn't pick him the hospital did). She got all the results from him and today called to say I should stay on the blood thinner and stop the aspirin for now. The cardiologist I saw is leaving the request for the angiogram because it takes so long, but when I get the new doctor I will have the results go to them instead.

It has a lot to do with my other conditions and medications and he didn't take that into consideration.
Sorry. I just looked again and saw you are in Canada. I can now understand the action your GP took.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #18
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,938
Addie, I feel the need to take this conversation out of this thread so will be PMing you.

We need to get this back to steak sammies!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,888
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
He can't have wheat, gluten, dairy, casein, soy or eggs.

First thing is instead of the rolls I would use his potato bread or buns. In the marinade I only need to use a gluten free beer (he gets them for special occasions) and use ghee (clarified butter).

For the tomatoes I would have to leave out the anchovies (we both love them) because they are packed in soy. Even rinsing well isn't enough. I will figure something out for that.

But, Ma, your recipes always use so many fresh or natural ingredients so switching them up is easy!
I nearly spit out my tea when I read that. Then I dashed to the fridge to check my anchovies, since I'm not allowed soy either.

Phew. My little jar of anchovies has: anchovies, sunflower oil, and salt. The brand is Allesia, prepared for Aurora Importing & Distribution Ltd., Mississauga, Ontario and Anjou, Québec. They stay fresh much longer in an open jar than an open can. They are from Italy.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:21 PM   #20
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I nearly spit out my tea when I read that. Then I dashed to the fridge to check my anchovies, since I'm not allowed soy either.

Phew. My little jar of anchovies has: anchovies, sunflower oil, and salt. The brand is Allesia, prepared for Aurora Importing & Distribution Ltd., Mississauga, Ontario and Anjou, Québec. They stay fresh much longer in an open jar than an open can. They are from Italy.
Thanks, TL, I will look for that brand in our specialty foods store. All three brands (in cans) that we can get here have soybean oil as an ingredient. It is great to get all these helps!
__________________

__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
steak

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.