Strange but Yummy Sarnies! (Sandwiches)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
spread a slice of wonderbread type white bread with unsalted butter--not just a smear, a layer. now top it with a generous layer of sugar. delicious without the bread too--just mix together sugar with sweet butter and eat it off your spoon. what?
I agree totally but instead of the sugar (though I like that too), I like the bread to be super fresh, the butter to be super hard and then topped with potato chips - ripple are best! :rolleyes:

I also like lots of crisp lettuce or arugula with pepper and mayo on fresh ciabatta.

Leftover green bean mash or creamed spinach on toast.

Baked beans mixed with fried onion, mayo and grated cheese in a toasted sandwich or on toast.

A mix of cream cheese, grated cheddar or gouda and chopped peeled apple is also yummy.

Apricot jam and thin slices of cheese.

Creamstyle sweetcorn mixed with mayo and pepper.

A soft poached egg with a potato cake and fried tomato on a fresh bread roll etc etc
Do you like anchovies? If so mix with a small amount of cream cheese and plop or smear on pumpernickle or dark rye bread it's so good add a touch or peach or apricot jam and it's heaven.
kades

spread a slice of wonderbread type white bread with unsalted butter--not just a smear, a layer. now top it with a generous layer of sugar. delicious without the bread too--just mix together sugar with sweet butter and eat it off your spoon. what?
This was a standard snack given to me after school by both grandma's I loved it and now give it to my grandkids.
kades

I agree totally but instead of the sugar (though I like that too), I like the bread to be super fresh, the butter to be super hard and then topped with potato chips - ripple are best! :rolleyes:
I love the white bread smear it with mayo and then a heavy layer of crushed potato chips.
yummy:):)
kades

So far you are the only one that has managed to gross me out with this thread :LOL:
Do you really eat butter and sugar mixed without bread?

Do you like anchovies? If so mix with a small amount of cream cheese and plop or smear on pumpernickle or dark rye bread it's so good add a touch or peach or apricot jam and it's heaven.
kades

I love anchovies, I eat them on toasted baguettes with fresh butter. Never tried adding jam to it. I'll try it, you never know I might like it :)

Oh yes please, Ripple sour cream and chives or O'Grady's! It must be a thick cut potato chip, crinkle cut not smooth lol!

Take a slice of bread and smear generously with honey. Let it sit until the honey soaks in.Top it with peanut butter and another slice of bread. Really good. Lots of people think I'm weird for liking that but lots of those same people like honey roasted peanuts so I personally think they are weird for liking one and not the other.

I also really like leftover spaghetti and sauce between two slices of buttered bread. Again, lots of people think that's weird but lots of those same people put heaping forkfuls of the stuff on heavily buttered garlic bread. I'm just missing the garlic and the bread isn't heated at all.

Another really good one is leftover turkey, a little cranberry sauce and a little leftover stuffing. Or an hot open face sandwich with leftover turkey topped with mashed potatoes and gravy or stuffing and gravy. I know bread in bread sounds odd but it's really good.

I've also been known to put thin, crispy potato chips in peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwiches or to toast the bread for the pbj and then dip the sandwich in hot chocolate.
Especially good is peanut butter and orange marmalade on toast dipped into hot chocolate.

And when I was a kid dad got me hooked on two slices of french toast with velveeta melted in between topped with maple syrup.

Take a slice of bread and smear generously with honey. Let it sit until the honey soaks in.Top it with peanut butter and another slice of bread. Really good. Lots of people think I'm weird for liking that but lots of those same people like honey roasted peanuts so I personally think they are weird for liking one and not the other.

I also really like leftover spaghetti and sauce between two slices of buttered bread. Again, lots of people think that's weird but lots of those same people put heaping forkfuls of the stuff on heavily buttered garlic bread. I'm just missing the garlic and the bread isn't heated at all.

Another really good one is leftover turkey, a little cranberry sauce and a little leftover stuffing. Or an hot open face sandwich with leftover turkey topped with mashed potatoes and gravy or stuffing and gravy. I know bread in bread sounds odd but it's really good.

I've also been known to put thin, crispy potato chips in peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwiches or to toast the bread for the pbj and then dip the sandwich in hot chocolate.
Especially good is peanut butter and orange marmalade on toast dipped into hot chocolate.

And when I was a kid dad got me hooked on two slices of french toast with velveeta melted in between topped with maple syrup.

All of these sound good to me :)
I've made the peanut honey combo and leftover spaghetti sauce myself. I also use syrup instead of honey sometimes and let it soak into the bread, let it go hard almost crunchy :)
I love leftover lasagna on a sandwich too, as is or toasted!

Last edited:
So far you are the only one that has managed to gross me out with this thread :LOL:
Do you really eat butter and sugar mixed without bread?

well, not lately.:) but seriously, that's what many of the famous multi-layered european tortes have for their frosting, whipped butter and sugar. so it's not really different from eating betty crocker's creamy white frosting straight from the can, is it? sometimes, when we were kids, a sandwich would be created out of whatever we could find in the house to eat. as an adult, you might find yourself still feeding that early child appetite, with adult pleasure....:)

well, not lately.:) but seriously, that's what many of the famous multi-layered european tortes have for their frosting, whipped butter and sugar. so it's not really different from eating betty crocker's creamy white frosting straight from the can, is it? sometimes, when we were kids, a sandwich would be created out of whatever we could find in the house to eat. as an adult, you might find yourself still feeding that early child appetite, with adult pleasure....:)

If it's fine sugar and lots of it mixed with butter it could work in my mind, like frosting. I was picturing thick butter just sprinkled with a bit of regular sugar though. That's a bit much for me :ohmy: Like eating butter straight from the tub!

spot on vit, check out my fav Dobos Torte, its technically difficult but the resulting cake is a dream.

Found a new wicked sandwich filler! I had some leftover carrots, green beans, cauliflower and broccoli from last night. I warmed the veg then mixed them with mayo and pickled beetroot. Put the whole lot on a soft white roll yummo!

This isn't so odd but it sure tastes good:) Smash up a half of an avocado, add a l;ittle mayo some garlic crushed, salt and pepper, a drizzle of evoo, put on toasted French bread, now add a couple of torn up pieces of procuitto and then a slice of your favorite melting cheese, I used some gorgonzola. top with arugula and then ran it through the paninni press and it was great.
kades

This isn't so odd but it sure tastes good:) Smash up a half of an avocado, add a l;ittle mayo some garlic crushed, salt and pepper, a drizzle of evoo, put on toasted French bread, now add a couple of torn up pieces of procuitto and then a slice of your favorite melting cheese, I used some gorgonzola. top with arugula and then ran it through the paninni press and it was great.
kades

The Gorgonzola sound a bit odd in there lol! But otherwise it sound good :)

I eat mashed avocado with salt, pepper and lemon juice, a bit of salsa and a fried egg on sandwiches :)

The Gorgonzola sound a bit odd in there lol! But otherwise it sound good :)

I eat mashed avocado with salt, pepper and lemon juice, a bit of salsa and a fried egg on sandwiches :)
I like the sounds of that salsa and avocado and a fried egg yummers.
kades:)

I like the sounds of that salsa and avocado and a fried egg yummers.
kades:)

We can be Sarnie buds, we can swap ideas :LOL:

Adding some crispy bacon is even more scrummy!
It was an invention of mine after a bad party night and too much tequila! It was hangover food ;p
Those days have come and gone but the sandwich stuck!

We can be Sarnie buds, we can swap ideas :LOL:

Adding some crispy bacon is even more scrummy!
It was an invention of mine after a bad party night and too much tequila! It was hangover food ;p
Those days have come and gone but the sandwich stuck!
OK buddies, I love getting new ideas and giving them too.
kades;)

Back
Top Bottom