"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches > Sandwiches & Wraps
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-29-2011, 01:09 PM   #41
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
OK buddies, I love getting new ideas and giving them too.
kades
Deal :)
I also sometimes mix creamstyle sweetcorn with mayo, salt, pepper and add a nice slice of cheddar on white bread then toast it. Tastes like a gooey cornbread !
__________________

__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:15 PM   #42
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
Deal :)
I also sometimes mix creamstyle sweetcorn with mayo, salt, pepper and add a nice slice of cheddar on white bread then toast it. Tastes like a gooey cornbread !
I love cucumbers Armenian of course, no peeling or much in the way of seeds. Slice very thin, get 4 slices of super fresh white or wheat bread, take off the crust and spread 2 slices with your fav goat cheese and put the slices of cucumber of top or the other two. Now make a stack out of the 4 slices add some pepper and salt and ooops forgot to tell you to butter the bread Then cut sammie Park and enjoy with a tall cool drink.
kades
__________________

__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:31 PM   #43
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
I love cucumbers Armenian of course, no peeling or much in the way of seeds. Slice very thin, get 4 slices of super fresh white or wheat bread, take off the crust and spread 2 slices with your fav goat cheese and put the slices of cucumber of top or the other two. Now make a stack out of the 4 slices add some pepper and salt and ooops forgot to tell you to butter the bread Then cut sammie Park and enjoy with a tall cool drink.
kades
Sounds Yummy :)
__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:50 PM   #44
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 46
Peanut Butter, Bacon, Cheddar
Peanut Butter, Doritos
Ham, Potato Chips, Mayo, BBQ Sauce
Potato Cake, Sour Cream, American Cheese, Raw Onion
Mashed Baked Beans, Fried Egg (on toast)
__________________
bertjo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:55 PM   #45
Head Chef
 
lindatooo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 1,173
ok - Rrreeeeaaching back into childhood....

Age 13 - 14 but still darned good:

Very fresh white Balloon Bread - 2 slices - slathered with butter, one side then blessed with mustard, the other with Mayo, fresh crispy potato chips, American Cheese, sweet pickle slices and, if you're really hungry a slice of ham.

Salami sliced so thin you can almost see through it, mayo and watermelon - yup just that simple.


A friend turned me on to Peanut butter, mayo and dill pickles - hits all the spots.

A very dear Aunt and Uncle had Bean sandwiches every night - butter, (of course they were from Southern Illinois), mustard and beans. They were in their late 70's, 2nd marriage for both and I remember (as a 12 year old in Catholic School) being scandalized when I saw him pat her on the fanny as they headed to bed. Today I regard that as awfully sweet and those sandwiches were really good!

Probably everyone here has had a favorite my Dad shared with my son - Sardine and mustard on white bread.

Most of the time son eschewed the bread and just ate the lunch meat out of hand!

What wonderful ideas - thanks for the thread!
__________________
Cooking is like love, it should be entered into with abandon or not at all. Oregon native transplanted to Chicago....
lindatooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:11 PM   #46
Master Chef
 
Chief Longwind Of The North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA,Michigan
Posts: 9,229
Check out this link: What's your Favorite Breath-Killer Sandwich

There are five pages of unique sandwiches there.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed fo the North
__________________
“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:58 AM   #47
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,349
white beans, squashed with lots of pepper. lot of mayo on bread, to die for.
__________________
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:54 AM   #48
Master Chef
 
Chief Longwind Of The North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA,Michigan
Posts: 9,229
1. Two slices white bread. 2 fillets freshly caught, cleaned, and pan-fried perch, pan-fried sliced potato (until slightly crisped), a bit of ketchup, salt. Must be done on the side of the river, over an open camp-fire, on a warm July or August day.

2. Two slices whole wheat bread. 1/4 inch thick slice good ham (must be moist with as little gristle as possible), Two thick slices Velveeta, yellow mustard on one bread slice with mayo on the other. Microwave until the cheese is melted.

3. Generous amount of turkey slices, left over from a Thanksgiving dinner, salt, pepper, bread stuffing, Miracle Whip, Whole Wheat Bread. Put everything between the bread slices.

4. Hoagie Roll, generous amounts of Capicola, Soprasetta, Good pepperoni, shredded lettuce, sliced - ripe tomato, avacado slices, Muenster cheese, all drizzled with EVOO, toasted to melt the cheese.

I could go on. But you get the idea.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
__________________
“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #49
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
1. Two slices white bread. 2 fillets freshly caught, cleaned, and pan-fried perch, pan-fried sliced potato (until slightly crisped), a bit of ketchup, salt. Must be done on the side of the river, over an open camp-fire, on a warm July or August day.

2. Two slices whole wheat bread. 1/4 inch thick slice good ham (must be moist with as little gristle as possible), Two thick slices Velveeta, yellow mustard on one bread slice with mayo on the other. Microwave until the cheese is melted.

3. Generous amount of turkey slices, left over from a Thanksgiving dinner, salt, pepper, bread stuffing, Miracle Whip, Whole Wheat Bread. Put everything between the bread slices.

4. Hoagie Roll, generous amounts of Capicola, Soprasetta, Good pepperoni, shredded lettuce, sliced - ripe tomato, avacado slices, Muenster cheese, all drizzled with EVOO, toasted to melt the cheese.

I could go on. But you get the idea.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
Only just found this ancient post! Your sarnies sound delicious Chief, not weird at all

My latest weird sandwich is fresh white bread with loads of real butter and a sprinkle of either aniseed or celery seed (not together)
The aniseed reminds me of mosbolletjies (traditional fresh rusks in SA) Delicious!
__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:35 PM   #50
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
I love potato chips in buttered bread
__________________

__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.