TNT-prosciutto and fig sandwich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Months ago I pick up a jar of fig jam while I was shopping..It's been sitting ever since. Today, a friend dropped by and we decided to have lunch..Geez, what to have..I hauled out some foccacia and sliced it thin then spread it with butter and fig jam on one side and put thin slice of prosciutto on the other slapped em together and oh boy...YUM we had some ice tea with the sammies, but, were it later in the day and these sammies were cut into appy size, would they be great with some prosecco? If you get a chance and find some fig jam, grab it and try these they are so good.

kadesma

Months ago I pick up a jar of fig jam while I was shopping..It's been sitting ever since. Today, a friend dropped by and we decided to have lunch..Geez, what to have..I hauled out some foccacia and sliced it thin then spread it with butter and fig jam on one side and put thin slice of prosciutto on the other slapped em together and oh boy...YUM we had some ice tea with the sammies, but, were it later in the day and these sammies were cut into appy size, would they be great with some prosecco? If you get a chance and find some fig jam, grab it and try these they are so good.

kadesma

Sounds delish. Was just mentioning in the appy catagory - a dish I saw on RR - figs stuffed w bleu cheese, wrapped in prosciutto and drizzled w honey. Have to look for some fig jam. Thanks for sharing.

Sounds delish. Was just mentioning in the appy catagory - a dish I saw on RR - figs stuffed w bleu cheese, wrapped in prosciutto and drizzled w honey. Have to look for some fig jam. Thanks for sharing.
I've stuffed figs with marscarpone and then drizzled with a lavender honey, we really like thos. Will have to try them stiffed with the blue cheese. Thanks Amy:)

kadesma

My aunt gives me several jars of fig preserves (which are a lot like fig jam except there is more of the whole fruit) every year. Dh thinks they are to be eaten like fruit (like a half cup of peaches, etc) so I have to guard them. I'll try the prosciutto and figs. My sister eats figs and sour cream.

My aunt gives me several jars of fig preserves (which are a lot like fig jam except there is more of the whole fruit) every year. Dh thinks they are to be eaten like fruit (like a half cup of peaches, etc) so I have to guard them. I'll try the prosciutto and figs. My sister eats figs and sour cream.
Hi licia, just saw your post, I'm kinda slow getting around some days..I love figs and alook for ways to use them..I've never had any with sour cream but there is always a first time;)..I hope you get a chance to try the fig preserves with prosciutto..They are so good.

kades

Back
Top Bottom