Today is National Hamburger Day!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favourite hamburger is rather simple. A nice homemade patty with onion and garlic in it, grilled and topped with swiss cheese and mushrooms. It sits on two slices of toasted potato flax bread (gluten free) which only has a little skim of grainy mustard and mayo on it. Hold the lettuce and tomato, pickle on the side please! :)

My favorite would be extra lean with cooked chopped bacon mixed in, grilled until med well and topped with sharp cheddar. Mayo, BBQ sauce, avacado slices, tomato slices and dill pickle on the bun .. yum! :yum:

Bacon, cheddar, grilled mushrooms, carmalized onions.

I tried to make a juicy lucy but all I ended up with was a mess lol

You really need to make sure those cheese stuffed burgers are sealed well. Any spot for the cheese to start leaking can quickly turn your burger into a mess, especially if you are cooking it in a pan. At least with a grill the cheese can drip away.

Home made Big Mac
PPPC wk-17 Pgh2.jpg

The Vortex Grill Double Coronary Burger
Vortex Grill Double Coronary Burger.jpg

Lamb Burger and "friends"
lamb burger4.jpg

Oh :yum: all!

I love Hardee's Mushroom Swiss burgers, and the copycat version using Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup with additional mushrooms is really tasty as well.

Buffalo burgers with the works.

Home-ground ribeye burgers with the works, grilled or pan-fried.

Pizza burgers from Steve's Meat Market.

Shrimp burgers, which I have only been able to find in North Dakota (yes, I know they're not HAMburgers, but oh, so tasty).

some old pics -

an 85/15 beef burger topped with goat cheese, lettuce, and tomato on a soft bun, side o' steak fries:

img0793j.jpg

and a buffalo burger and cheddar cheese juicy lucy on a whole wheat bun, and again, steak fries:

img0722c.jpg

I wish they had a better pic of their burger, but Shrek and I never miss a trip to Nap's when we head south, many times we go just so we can go to Nap's. We order a Nap's deal and have it cut in half...still can't eat all the fries in one sitting. No pic of their fries...shoestring, just short of being crunchy all the way through. And you are able to put as much lettuce, tomatoes, raw onions and pickles as you like.

I wish they had a better pic of their burger, but Shrek and I never miss a trip to Nap's when we head south, many times we go just so we can go to Nap's. We order a Nap's deal and have it cut in half...still can't eat all the fries in one sitting. No pic of their fries...shoestring, just short of being crunchy all the way through. And you are able to put as much lettuce, tomatoes, raw onions and pickles as you like.

I just looked at all the previous pics and Nap's menu and drooled a bit on my iPad.

Last edited:
I was unaware of this "special day" but had a craving for ground beef so I made taco salad. :) I used my taco seasoning with a pound of lean beef my butcher had just ground yesterday, some red onion and a little beef broth to mix in the seasoning.

Fixings were spring mix salad, avocado, tomatoes, fresh salsa (not mine), dairy/soy free cheese for TB and Goat cheese for me. The salsa was our dressing. Very yummy if I do say so myself!

If I had known it was Hamburger Day, I would have made taco burgers! :angel:

Sounds yummy! :yum:

You really need to make sure those cheese stuffed burgers are sealed well. Any spot for the cheese to start leaking can quickly turn your burger into a mess, especially if you are cooking it in a pan. At least with a grill the cheese can drip away.

Home made Big Mac
View attachment 17026

View attachment 17027

View attachment 17028

Love the look of your burgers Pacman :yum: What's inside the lamb? Is it the feta recipe?

Pac, those burgers look amazing!!

I love the homemade Big Mac!

I so wish we could get yellow cheese here in the supermarkets in Oz....love the stuff and can only have it when we buy Maccas or Hungry Jacks (Burger King)

Home made Big Mac
View attachment 17026

View attachment 17027

View attachment 17028

No yellow cheese for sale?! :ohmy:
That's interesting, Kylie.

What do you use to make your toasted cheese sandwiches? We use all kinds, but yellow American cheese is probably the most popular.

Kylie, do you get Velveeta? Same thing. All orange cheese is white cheese with orange food coloring added. Has no effect on the flavor at all. Do you know of any cow that gives out orange milk? Do you get the Kraft Cheese in a can? Artificially colored also. Kraft Mac and Cheese in a box? Colored cheese also. You are not missing anything except a bunch of unnecessary chemicals. :angel:

I'm late on the draw here but I like my burgers with blue cheese and bacon. Yum.

No yellow cheese for sale?! :ohmy:
That's interesting, Kylie.

What do you use to make your toasted cheese sandwiches? We use all kinds, but yellow American cheese is probably the most popular.

Pac, we use Tasty cheese or Colby cheese usually, I also love mild cheese :)

Colby cheese is a very good grilling cheese, melts beautifully

Kylie, do you get Velveeta? Same thing. All orange cheese is white cheese with orange food coloring added. Has no effect on the flavor at all. Do you know of any cow that gives out orange milk? Do you get the Kraft Cheese in a can? Artificially colored also. Kraft Mac and Cheese in a box? Colored cheese also. You are not missing anything except a bunch of unnecessary chemicals. :angel:

Ads, you havent seen what colour the milk is that come out of Aussie cows :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, I can well imagine there being a few additives and food colourings etc in the yellow cheese...but when we have had that cheese on McDonalds hamburgers, it does taste very different to all our cheeses, so I think it does add to the flavour of the cheese :)

Pac, we use Tasty cheese or Colby cheese usually, I also love mild cheese :)

Colby cheese is a very good grilling cheese, melts beautifully

Colby is probably closer to our American cheese in flavor.

Back
Top Bottom