Tuna Salad Sandwich...ingredients.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Addie, sometime try chopping some pimento stuffed green olives with it instead of pickles. I love those Spanish olives, and keep them just for my tuna.

Capers in the tuna, with red wine vinegar. Can't wait to try this with the yellowfin tuna in olive oil.

Much like mine. Except the egg is optional. My mother always put eggs in hers. It makes it taste to much like egg salad if you add to many. And i know she added them to make it go further too.
If I do use egg, I use only one egg max for a small can.
Usually I forgo the egg.

I only use eggs if I already have them boiled, normally around Easter...so most of the time it is sans eggs.

I've never used eggs in my tuna salad. :LOL: I've also never used tuna in my egg salad!

Last edited:
My mini FP does a great job on the onions and celery. They are chopped so fine that you don't even see them in the tuna. But the flavor is there. And that is what counts for me. I think the light chunky tuna has more taste, but I am the only one who likes it. So I keep one can of albacore on hand all the time in the event one of the kids stops in and is looking for something quick to eat. Otherwise I buy the tuna I like just for myself.

I like the crunch of the onion and celery.

Huh....funny, I thought the yellowfin cans were all yellow. Either they changed them or I'm mis-remembering. :ermm::LOL:

Olive oil! How much are they again?

I've never used eggs in my tuna salad. :LOL: I've also never used tuna in my egg salad!

My thinking as well. I also do not put eggs in potato salad for this very same reason. If I want egg salad, I will make some.
Sometimes I will use eggs in potato salad. I did last Football Sunday. My wife said it was the best I made for her. :rolleyes:

How much is a can of TJ Tuna and how much does a can weigh?

And that is why I never buy the foil packets for one sandwich. The cost outweighs the benefits if there are any. :angel:

I was in Costco yesterday and found something interesting.
Wild caught "pole" or "trolling" fishing methods listed on the front of the can.
No added liquids at all. Just Albacore tuna and sea salt.
I should have taken a picture of the 6 can pack I bought. It was expensive. $15 and change. This forum got me interested and I ended up buying it.

Here I got the package.
Wild Planet
100% pole and troll caught.
Wild albacore tuna
6 - 5 0z cans.

I can't wait to try it out.

Last edited:
I use my late brothers tuna dip originally made for dipping Tortilla's. I use it in between two pieces of bread too. : ).

1. 2 cans of tuna
2. 3 tablespoons of sour cream
3. 3 tablespoons of mayo
4. juice of one lemon
5. banana peppers from a jar cut up
6. paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper

so so good. It's also my daughters favorite now too, she's 7. : )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom