Tuna Salad Sandwich...ingredients.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I go into the "big city" of 100,000, it's 15 miles away. We have not one, but two TJ's there. Now I know TJ's started here in California, but I'd gladly share one of my stores with the rest of you. I'm there every week, but Steve does the big shopping at our local Von's..the only big store here in our little town.

Last edited:
I am a simple man.
I prefer solid tuna and mayo. That's it.

Here is a video made by David Rosengarten on the tuna salad sandwich.
Now, I will not comment on Mr. Rosengarten choice of mayo..to each his own, I reckon.

I don't know about his mayo selection, but the bread, the bread ... I almost want to scream, what a horror.... :LOL:

I don't know about his mayo selection, but the bread, the bread ... I almost want to scream, what a horror.... :LOL:

What kind of bread is it?

I just had a tuna salad sandwich with, onion, celery, sweet pickle cubes, mayo and S&P.
On toasted 6 grain wheat bread. Excellent!

When I go into the "big city" of 100,000, it's 15 miles away. We have not one, but two TJ's there. Now I know TJ's started here in California, but I'd gladly share one of my stores with the rest of you. I'm there every week, but Steve does the big shopping at our local Von's..the only big store here in our little town.

Dibs on one of your TJ's! :LOL: There's a petition going around town to bring a TJ's here. Sure am hoping! We used to have a Von's here too, and I loved it. It's a health club now. :ermm:

We would be excited for a Publix in our area.
Publix told me the demographics would not support a store close by. They are right.
This area is meat and potatoes.

However, we are fairly close to Columbus NC and I am certain the store could succeed in that area. Tryon NC is another town that would welcome Publix or TJ's with open arms.

Canned tuna, onions, dill pickle relish or I chop up some pickles I have on hand, pickle juice, boiled eggs, salt, pepper, and just enough mayo to combine.

Had had a regular greens salad for lunch with a chunk of tuna flaked on top with Ginger Dressing...yum, now I'm looking for more and better tuna. What was the brand you guys were getting at TJ's? In a yellow can?

Here ya go PF...good stuff. It's TJ's own brand.

img_1398564_0_9cbd98e8a7f5f3965861bc6329ccb89c.jpg

Canned tuna, onions, dill pickle relish or I chop up some pickles I have on hand, pickle juice, boiled eggs, salt, pepper, and just enough mayo to combine.

Much like mine. Except the egg is optional. My mother always put eggs in hers. It makes it taste to much like egg salad if you add to many. And i know she added them to make it go further too.
If I do use egg, I use only one egg max for a small can.
Usually I forgo the egg.

My mini FP does a great job on the onions and celery. They are chopped so fine that you don't even see them in the tuna. But the flavor is there. And that is what counts for me. I think the light chunky tuna has more taste, but I am the only one who likes it. So I keep one can of albacore on hand all the time in the event one of the kids stops in and is looking for something quick to eat. Otherwise I buy the tuna I like just for myself.

It has never occurred to me to add pickle flavor to tuna. I will try it the next time I buy tuna. I do have relish on hand. But no pickles. I always drink the juice and eat the pickles within two days of buying it. I love pickles. And I love the juice even more. :angel:

Haa, how healthy can folks be there without food?! Sure hope you get your TJ's Cheryl. ;)

:LOL:
We have Stater Brothers and Albertsons here - that's it, the other chain grocers are 90 miles away. :ohmy: Staters has a good meat selection, I'm happy with it. My daughter shops at Ralphs in Valencia, they have a good selection, too. I do miss our Vons.

Thanks, Kay...I sure hope we get a TJ's here, too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom