"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches > Sandwiches & Wraps

Old 05-13-2006, 09:44 PM   #111
Sous Chef

BTW... I forgot to mention one of my strange sandwiches that meets this thread's requirement. A double decker with a toasted chewy rye, egg salad, couple pieces of bacon, mayo, and on the second level, braunswager(sp?), onion, and more mayo and add some standard mustard. My form of comfort food Even better if you go a quick skillet butter grilling on both sides.

Casper

Old 05-16-2006, 05:06 PM   #112
Cook

Send a message via MSN to Timeloyd
When I was hiking for a whole day I would tryto find something thatg gave me energy and was filling. On day I came up with an idea for a very filling and very satisfying sandwich. One which usually fills me up and gives me lots of energy for the journey. It may be a bit sticky but it is filling.
On a slice of wheat bread spread a thick layer of crunchy Peanut Butter. It will make your sandwich nutty.
Over the crunchy Peanut Butter sprinkle a couple fists or so of Granola cearial.
Take a slice of American and a slice of Swiss cheese or 2 slices of whatever kind of cheese you like and using the Cheese press the Granola into the Peanut Butter with it.
On the other slice of the bread spread Thick Apple Butter or your favorite Thick Jam so it does not run away from the sandwitch which Jelly likes to do.
Put that slice on top of the Cheese, Granola, Peanut Butter slice with Jam side down.
Slice in half if you want to share it or eat it in sections.
Wrap it and put it in a zip lock bag until it is ready to use. I came across a Zip Lock bag that zipped up and had a Kangaroo type pouch on the side for additional snacks.
Spread out your Towel. A towel is the most masively useful thintg an Interstelliar Hitchhiker can have, Get out your beverage, etc., any greens, etc. You may have collected during the hike to add to your Picnic, oh yes and the sandwitches and have yourself a really amazingly Hoopy Picnic.
The sandwitch is very filling and will give you lots of energy. If any ants join your picnic it is up to you if they become part of the Picnic. If they are sentient ask them what they brought to share....
Remember Where Your Towel Is.

Old 05-16-2006, 05:14 PM   #113
Master Chef

Uh - TimeLoyd. Without wanting to cramp your intergallicatic style, this thread is about a WEDDING. Like a WEDDING involving SWEET, INTRICATE, FINGER SANDWICHES. No one here is "hiking for a whole day, or across the galaxy". Wake up!!!!!

This is not the place for your weirdo intergallactic recipes. Place them elsewhere, please. Perhaps in your intergallictic cooking forum? (God, I hope that's not ours.)

I think you need to find a differnet forum for your "special" needs.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:55 PM   #114
Head Chef

Rofl!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2006, 09:13 PM   #115
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyCooking
Uh - TimeLoyd. Without wanting to cramp your intergallicatic style, this thread is about a WEDDING. Like a WEDDING involving SWEET, INTRICATE, FINGER SANDWICHES. No one here is "hiking for a whole day, or across the galaxy". Wake up!!!!!

This is not the place for your weirdo intergallactic recipes. Place them elsewhere, please. Perhaps in your intergallictic cooking forum? (God, I hope that's not ours.)

Actually, Breezy, the wedding sandwiches were in a different separate thread. This one is Great and Unique sandwiches. Perhaps you might want to take a softer approach with folks.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:18 PM   #116
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyCooking

Geezy Breezy...why are you getting so uptight? Relax a little, and make room for people who are different from you. You'd be surprised what you can learn from us weirdos.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:38 PM   #117
Executive Chef

Try taking an outdoor survival class. The things/creatures the teacher put together were not a gourmet meal, but it was a learning experience to us all... yes ants included.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:12 PM   #118
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to BigDog Send a message via Yahoo to BigDog
SUBSTANTIAL SANDWICHES
$5.99 plus tax

CHEESE MAKER

Layers of fresh deli meats - Virginia Baked Ham, Thinly Sliced Turkey Breast, Spicy Pastrami and Hard Salami. Two kinds of Wisconsin Cheese, Cheddar and Baby Swiss on a Torpedo Roll with Lettuce, Green Peppers, Onions, Mayonnaise and Special Sauce.
Source: www.nelsoncheese.net

Hubba hubba! I remove the special sauce and add dijon mustard. T'aint a sandwich like it! Over 1/2 pound of meat on this baby!
Old 07-08-2006, 09:16 AM   #119
Executive Chef

Ok, I thought of one yesterday while I was at work.

The Ultimate Smokehouse BLT

You need to make a condiment for this. It's Sage Mayo. Just take some fresh sage, chop it up, and mix it with some mayo. You could use dried, but use a little, taste, and see how much more dried sage is needed.

For the sandwich:
two pieces bread of your choice, toasted or grilled
Sage mayo
Leaf lettuce
sliced tomatoes
6 or more pieces of Applewood Smoked Bacon
sliced Smoked Cheddar

To make the sandwich, cook the bacon. It has an intense smokey flavor that I've become addicted to. When the bacon is done, toast the bread, then spread with the Sage mayo. Cut the bacon strips in half, and arrange on one of the bread slices. Lay the cheese slices on top of the bacon to let the cheese melt a bit. Arrange the lettuce and tomato on the other piece of bread. Flip the slice over onto the bacon, toothpick it, cut it corner-to-corner, and serve.

I made this basic sandwich, without the cheese, yesterday, using some Multi-grain bread that has some honey in it. It was great. I thought of the cheese a little while later.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:24 PM   #120
Assistant Cook

Cool oddball

How about herbed goat cheese spread on dark bread with ripe avacado slices and sprouts? Or date nut bread with cream cheese? L