Waffle Sandwiches Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JoAnn - Thanks for dredging up this old post! Not only is a tasty one, but it was so nice to see TATTRAT & Middie chatting on here again ;)

I just bought a waffle iron. I went on a website to see what else you could cook on it. Was I suprised, other than just pancakes, they use them to make hash browns, cookies, fry bacon, cook brownies, french toast and toasted cheese sandwiches. I made the hashbrowns the morning and they turned out pretty good.

Glad you brought this back. Like you I went hunting around. The possibilities for a waffle makers recipes is mind boggling. I'm tempted to try a cake mix. Roll that thing around like a cone before it sets... Seee what you've started!?:LOL::wub:

To think my iron was almost put out to the curb for pick up last week.
Brand new minimal use, why keep it around out of sight in a cupboard. Guess that wasn't supposed to happen :angel:

Munky.

Glad you brought this back. Like you I went hunting around. The possibilities for a waffle makers recipes is mind boggling. I'm tempted to try a cake mix. Roll that thing around like a cone before it sets... Seee what you've started!?:LOL::wub:

To think my iron was almost put out to the curb for pick up last week.
Brand new minimal use, why keep it around out of sight in a cupboard. Guess that wasn't supposed to happen :angel:

Munky.

If you make the cake mix please let us know how it turns out. I think I am going to make the French toast next using raisin bread.

JoAnn - Thanks for dredging up this old post! Not only is a tasty one, but it was so nice to see TATTRAT & Middie chatting on here again ;)

i hope jono and desiree are ok.

i"m going to send jono a pm to see if he's around. not that was a square before...

If you make the cake mix please let us know how it turns out. I think I am going to make the French toast next using raisin bread.

Reporting back...

Call me a coward, but I just couldn't bring myself to even try a bite.
It cooked just fine, about the same amount of time that a waffle would take.

Next time just to be fair I'll make the waffle batter from scratch, the normal kind and try it. Just might leave it at that. No chicken either. Hold the honey. I could see a grilled cheese sammich. Who needs a George Forman anyways?

To be nice it would have made cute triangle ice cream cakes. You could even fill it with fruit. The kids would think that's cool, the portion foodie police won't have issues with it. Or they might. Don't trust them they have talons.:ROFLMAO:

Munky.

I like the sound of this, thanks for sharing :)

I love waffles, they are so versatile! Instead of bread, sometimes I use a waffle to make a sandwich. Here is one of my 'sandwich waffle creations' :chef: I submitted this to another recipe site, but they didn't accept it, so it has never been published:
Carrot Cake Waffle Sandwiches

1 cup of flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 small box of raisins (or about 1/4 cup)
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 to 3/4 cup milk
1 egg
3 medium-sized carrots, boiled and pureed (method follows)
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 tablespoon sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
Icing:
1 pkg. 3 oz Cream Cheese
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 tablespoon butter pecan syrup
2 tablespoons white sugar
DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat a waffle iron to manufactor's suggestions. Grease waffle iron with non-stick spray.
  2. Peel and slice carrots, place in a med. sized pot. Add enough water to cover. Add 1/8 tsp. of salt to the water. Boil on high for about 10 min., or until fork pierces carrot slices and they are soft. Drain water from carrots, and using a blender or magic bullet, puree carrots. Add 1/4 tsp. cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of sugar to pureed carrots. If carrots are getting stuck in blender process, add a tiny bit of water to them. Blend until spices, sugar, and carrots are mixed together. Set aside.
  3. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon. Mix well. Add egg to mix. Add pureed carrot mixture. Add just enough milk to mix to make a waffle-like batter consistency (I start with 1/2 a cup and then add more if batter is too thick). Mix well. Fold in the raisins. Pour by 1/4 cup fulls into heated waffle iron.
  4. While the waffle is cooking, use a mixer to blend together the cream cheese, syrup, sugar, and sour cream.
  5. When the waffle is finished, let cool a bit, and then add cream cheese mix to half the waffle. Fold other half of waffle over to make a sandwich. Enjoy!

Hi there ive tried your recipe for waffles came out great.The best taste ever!With different toppings like banana and caramel with cashew nuts.Its going to be a all time favourite.

Back
Top Bottom