"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches > Sandwiches & Wraps

Old 10-16-2004, 12:28 PM   #11
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
btw, did those pants come witha rubber nose and big red shoes???? can i borrow them when deadly sushi comes to nyc???
I think WayneT has beat you to it, Buckyboy. Isn't he sportin' that on his new avatar...???

Old 10-16-2004, 01:54 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Of course you can.

You will have to darn the holes yourself. And use your own shoehorn.

I am afraid you will have to supply your own nose, and shoes. I would recommend also a ladder. You should find no problem with that, because NYC has some high buildings, and I understand that the NYFD has an abundant supply.

Also a large bucket of whitewash would come in handy.

Get plenty of practice swinging the ladder arround and knocking people over, and somehow managing to pour the whitewash into your pants, or at least over you.

I am sure that then you will be able to deal not only with deadly sushi, but also with pillau, fried and quite possibly boiled rice as well.

And above all, look SAD. Nothing is more unfunny than a happy clown.

Afterwards, you might like to listen to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, an undiscovered classic of of rural mining towns brass bands, which is also the closing chapter of the Wars of the Roses.

Old 10-16-2004, 09:00 PM   #13
Cook

Send a message via AIM to swinchen Send a message via Skype™ to swinchen
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
toast and butter the bread, preferrably rye if you can find it, then schmear with thousand island dressing, top with sauerkraut, then pastrami, then swiss cheese, place under broiler until cheese melts. e voila!!!! a pastrami reuben, serve with a side of homefries....
Oh man, this is my FAVORITE!!!! You know what else is really good?? Use Focaccia bread a few red onion slices and a little balsamic!
Old 01-07-2006, 07:24 PM   #14
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to BigDog Send a message via Yahoo to BigDog
I'll eat pastrami (or any deli style meat) with most cheeses, but my favorite for pastrami is provalone. I'm not a rye kinda guy, nor other "exotic" breads, so I stick to wheat, whole grain wheat, or those multi whole grain breads. Slap some mayo on the pastrami side, and deli style mustard on the cheese side, and there you go. Never tried it toasted/broiled, but that may be good too.

Looking forward to checking out some of hte pastrami recipes here. While I think the flavoring of deli meat from the grocery isn't as bad as some say here, I can't compare it to true home made deli style meats. The deli is so dang expensive too. At home, you have the availability of freezing as needed. Which is why I bought a small chest freezer!
Old 01-08-2006, 08:19 AM   #15
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to SpiceUmUp
NEw York style Pastrami and eggs:
Slice pastrami this, cut the clices in to pieces about 1 to 1 and half inches long

Toss in a fry pan with a little butter and give them a light fry. Beat three large eggs, pour over pastrami.

Now make a decission: Do I want Pastrami scramble or Pancake style.

If you want Pancake style, put a lid on the pan to help cook the eggs for a minute or two then flip like one big pancake.

If you want scrambled, then scramble them.