What Sandwiches Really Float Your Boat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOVE Monte Cristo, haven't made one in forever. Beloved wife is Jewish, and, while we have a pre-marriage negotiated agreement on shellfish (she is from Maryland originally and we agree we can't cut crab out of the diet) I did agree to cut pork out of the diet.

So, make it with turkey ham.

So, make it with turkey ham.

yeah, I know, but sometimes one just gets a hankerin' for the real deal.

Actually this might be somewhat sacrilegious, maybe less than turkey ham, but ever try a Monte Cristo made with Scrapple? Might not have it where you are, kind of a Pennsylvania Dutch thing, but it is tasty.

BLT with mayo on American white or whole wheat. Second preference is a Reuben. Third is a lobster roll only because of high price. Otherwise it would be my #1. In fact, I think I will buy a single lobster so I can make my own. I have the celery and onion. And the hot dog rolls are in the freezer. So for $7.00 or a little more, I can get two or three 'wiches out of that one jewel of the sea. $19 or more if bought outside my home. :angel:

I may have said this before but grated (raw ) carrot & crunchy peanut butter on granary bread (the latter is a sort of wholewheat bread with seeds in it).

Also chopped hard-boiled egg and cress in mayo on white sliced bread - very soothing when one is in a crisis.

Back
Top Bottom