Wrap suggestions please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4meandthem

Half Baked
I bought some lavash bread and want to make some wraps for a picnic at a winery. I am going to make a yogurt cheese and smoked salmon wrap with maybe basil or dill in it. I am also bringing some salami and olives along. I am also making a salad of quinoa,cucumber and tomato.

I could use some ideas for a couple more wraps. I don't usually make them so I need some help.

Maybe shredded BBQ chicken (rotisserie?) with slaw; a fruit wrap with dried and fresh fruit, some toasted almonds or pecans, and a whipped honey-lime drizzle or dip. Thin sliced beef with horseradish sauce and baby dills; ham and cheese wrap with mustard. California roll in a wrap?

Last edited:
Fillings: Hummus with fresh veggies and grilled chicken (or just the veggies); grilled chicken, arugula, EVOO and lime juice.

Sushi-like wraps - cooked & cooled (sticky) rice, diced avocado, mango, crab, tuna, shrimp or salmon, with wasabi.

Butter lettuce, goat cheese, figs, walnuts.

Strawberries and cream cheese.

Last edited:
One of favourites is cream cheese with chopped green olives and pecans (or walnuts or pine nuts) and ham.

When I saw the title I thought you meant you wanted information on different plastic wraps.

Hey, don't blame me. It's 4:00 a.m. And I am old. That excuse works everywhere else. :wacko:

@ 4 Meandthem,

Sounds delicious ... Perhaps, I shall fly over for your event ...

On the Italian side of things, Proscuitto di Parma and Provolone is one idea, or Buffala di Mozzarella with Basil and tomato called a Caprese perhaps; and a Greek Dill scented rice as if you were stuffing Grape Leaves ...

Have a wonderful time,
Margi.

Last edited:
@ 4 Meandthem,

Sounds delicious ... Perhaps, I shall fly over for your event ...

On the Italian side of things, Proscuitto di Parma and Provolone is one idea, or Buffala di Mozzarella with Basil and tomato called a Caprese perhaps; and a Greek Dill scented rice as if you were stuffing Grape Leaves ...

Have a wonderful time,
Margi.

There is space in the limo for you! Just sayin'

Lavash is wonderful I love to make a mix of cream cheese with finely chopped chives spread it on the lavash then fill in with prosciutto, or even mortadella, then some nice dry salami and a good cheese of choice add something green like arugula,spinach, watercress wrap and manga:LOL: another good one is gorgonzola, pears, finly sliced cucumber and a green of choice. Sprouts are nice,give some crunch. another good one is cucumber. crab mixed with chives and mayo. Hope this helps.
kadesma

I make a fresh vegetable/sundried tomato, pesto cream cheese spread.

Soften cream cheese add: Finely diced: Celery, yellow peppers, orange peppers, baby carrots & red peppers. Spread inside the flour tortilla & fill with freash vegetables & deli meats.

One of my favorites is thin sliced roast beef, avocado, grated asiago and tomato. I also really like turkey with dried cranberries, walnuts and butter lettuce. Shredded chicken tossed with a tiny bit of sesame oil, fresh orange pieces, crispy noodles (just enough to give a crunch), bok choy leaves (in place of lettuce) and a little minced candied ginger is also good.

Good Evening 4 Meandthem,

" Southern California, here I come ! "

It would be just what the Doctor ordered, ocean, sun and warm weather !

I had lived in San Francisco for 5 years before heading over to South America and then, the Mediterranean. California, Oregon and Washington State are absolutely lovely. I have dear friends in San Fran and Seattle.

Iberia Airlines has recently started direct flights to L.A. too !

Thanks for the invitation ... Too bad in reality, now it is a bit difficult, due to professional commitments. However, if we are over in California, in the next year or two, for sure, I shall truly enjoy the face to face discuss cooking and meeting you and yours. We shall have to have dinner ...

Wraps are a lovely way to celebrate too ... Beef carpacchio is a lovely one with freshly shaved Pecorino and Rocket ( arugula ) as well as A Mini room temperature Pizza, for example: buffala di Mozzarella, cherry tomato, black olives, anchovies or proscuitto di parma and mushrooms or artichokes ( a Caprichosa = On a Whim ).

Do please take photos ... and have a phenomenal time.

Kind regards,
Have a nice wkend.
Margi.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom