Alton Brown Cinnamon Rolls (failed to proof properly)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr_Dove

Senior Cook
We recently attempted to make the Alton Brown overnight cinnamon roll recipe. Everything went find at the beginning. The yeast appeared to activate properly. It double like it should. We put them in the fridge overnight per the recipe.

The next day we attempted to follow the proofing instructions to "reactivate" the yeast but nothing happened. The boiled water failed to do anything. We did 30 minutes with just the boiled water and then put the oven on "Warm" for another 30 minutes. Still nothing. We went ahead and baked them despite the lack of additional rising but they didn't rise while baking either.

I don't really understand the proofing process. I don't understand why it can rise fine the first time but not rise the second time.

We are at Denver so high altitude might apply but I doubt that it would affect the yeast. It's also pretty cold right now but that shouldn't affect the proofing in the oven.

Please help!

Have you tried baking something else with that yeast? Something that doesn't go in the fridge before proofing?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom