Basic White Bread Rolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phocaena

Assistant Cook
I woke up early this morning so decided that I would get up and make some bread. Then I finally settled on bread rolls.

Using bakers flour, yeast, salt, sugar, milk powder and water I made the dough, and after it had risen I formed it into rolls, placed them on a baking tray and waited until they had risen some more [not quite doubled]. lastly I glazed them with a beaten egg and sprinkled on some poppy seeds, and baked at 170 deg C {fan oven} for 20 minutes.

The photo does make them appear a little overcooked but they were not, The egg glaze is what makes them appear dark.

Ol' Mamabear and myself had some for breakfast with home-made lime and lemon marmalade. Although I did try the first one with just lashings of real butter and while still quite warm and thought to myself "to hell with cholesterol, old age and indigestion." lol :yum:

Attachments

• Bread Rolls   -  20-10-2012.jpg
    Bread Rolls - 20-10-2012.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:
That's what I need, with some vegemite layered on...hot rolls and butter!

Those look fantastic!

That's what I need, with some vegemite layered on...hot rolls and butter!

Those look fantastic!

Oh yum! Would give my right leg for vegemite! My sister's ex best friend always got it for us when she went to Australia but they're not on speaking terms anymore :(

I like OXO that we get here but I'm not fond of Marmite. Still call OXO marmite since it's almost the same thing but it doesn't have an after taste lol!

These rolls look fab by the way! I like my bread nice and brown.

They look great Derek :chef:

I woke up early this morning so decided that I would get up and make some bread. Then I finally settled on bread rolls.

Using bakers flour, yeast, salt, sugar, milk powder and water I made the dough, and after it had risen I formed it into rolls, placed them on a baking tray and waited until they had risen some more [not quite doubled]. lastly I glazed them with a beaten egg and sprinkled on some poppy seeds, and baked at 170 deg C {fan oven} for 20 minutes.

The photo does make them appear a little overcooked but they were not, The egg glaze is what makes them appear dark.

Ol' Mamabear and myself had some for breakfast with home-made lime and lemon marmalade. Although I did try the first one with just lashings of real butter and while still quite warm and thought to myself "to hell with cholesterol, old age and indigestion." lol :yum:

Oh yum! Would give my right leg for vegemite! My sister's ex best friend always got it for us when she went to Australia but they're not on speaking terms anymore :(

I like OXO that we get here but I'm not fond of Marmite. Still call OXO marmite since it's almost the same thing but it doesn't have an after taste lol!

These rolls look fab by the way! I like my bread nice and brown.

Sorry to hear you cant get Vegemite over there Snip :(

I too dont like Marmite at all...tastes nothing like Vegemite :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom