Brotform Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I proofed my bread in a brotform , then baked without the brotform , on the baking stone.
I used Artisan 5 min a day bread but added different things to the water and yeast.
I used 4 cups unbleached bread flour, 2 and a half cups unbleached All purpose flour, about 1/4 cup instant mashed potatoes, 2 tablespoons chedder cheese powder . Also used sea salt instead of kosher or regular salt. It turned out really tasty. :chef:

Last edited:
That is really a good looking loaf LC...boy I need to get off my bottom and get busy:LOL:
kadesma

That is really a good looking loaf LC...boy I need to get off my bottom and get busy:LOL:
kadesma
thanks kadesma. I made 5 loaves of different breads , 4 are vacuum sealed in the freezer so no bread baking for a week maybe. ;) I'm exhausted and in pain.

LC, you could have asked JoeV for help - then you might have 10-11 loaves! More for me!

Someone asked for 11 loaves of bread? Care for some cake cookies as well?:LOL:

img_768388_0_243a653e6fc5a6b46ea60d79512c2575.jpg

Did you make them all in one day, Joe? When is the Joe V bread shop opening up in Mentor? Need help with its name? "The Perfect Loaf" We need to check with Ohio to make sure that name is available. Now, we need articles of incorporation and you need to find a location. You know what they say, location is everything. lol ;-)

Did you make them all in one day, Joe? When is the Joe V bread shop opening up in Mentor? Need help with its name? "The Perfect Loaf" We need to check with Ohio to make sure that name is available. Now, we need articles of incorporation and you need to find a location. You know what they say, location is everything. lol ;-)

Hi little girl! You must be new around here. JoeV loves to bake bread and spend time in the kitchen because it's his H O B B Y, and if he opened a bread store it would now become a J O B! That would make two jobs, which means JoeV would have to go looking for another hobby. But wait, there's no time for a hobby because JoeV is working two jobs. Eventualy Mrs. JoeV gets fed up with JoeV, has papers issued against him, and goes looking for guy will make himself available to her for more than 45 minutes each day. JoeV then goes into a deep funk, the bread store closes and the renovation business falls apart. JoeV crawls into the bottle to find relief, only to find himself slipping deeper into the abyss. His landlord throws him out (DW got the beautiful house in the divorce, and he got the old stinky dog and the basement furniture. There is no money because the lawyer got all of that.:ohmy:) and he's forced to live out of his work van that he parks under a bridge in the Flats.

All this chaos just so you can have a place to buy bread? Go buy a bread machine, girl!:LOL:

Joseph the Realist

P.S. Yes, I did make them all in one day, and will be doing it again soon for the church bake sale. The 3/4 sheet pans I bought make it easier because I can proof & bake 4 loves of Italian at a time.

img_768730_0_2fe506ed96d95058c4fbcee489c2815f.jpg

Dear Joe, "The Hobbyist",
I assumed that you would replace the renovation gig with the bread gig and turn what you love into your living. lol I would never suggest something that would come between you and DW. See it is a win/win now. See, what a good problem solver I am?!!! Worth every penny as a lawyer.
LOL:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Pie Susan, "the leg puller"

PS I have a bread machine and I hate it. I begged my parents for it and they kindly obliged and now it is just taking up space. I can make far better breads without it! I think it is great for those who either lack time or have disabling conditions but for those who don't it is far better to use a mixer.

Hi little girl! You must be new around here. JoeV loves to bake bread and spend time in the kitchen because it's his H O B B Y, and if he opened a bread store it would now become a J O B! That would make two jobs, which means JoeV would have to go looking for another hobby. But wait, there's no time for a hobby because JoeV is working two jobs. Eventualy Mrs. JoeV gets fed up with JoeV, has papers issued against him, and goes looking for guy will make himself available to her for more than 45 minutes each day. JoeV then goes into a deep funk, the bread store closes and the renovation business falls apart. JoeV crawls into the bottle to find relief, only to find himself slipping deeper into the abyss. His landlord throws him out (DW got the beautiful house in the divorce, and he got the old stinky dog and the basement furniture. There is no money because the lawyer got all of that.:ohmy:) and he's forced to live out of his work van that he parks under a bridge in the Flats.

All this chaos just so you can have a place to buy bread? Go buy a bread machine, girl!:LOL:

Joseph the Realist

P.S. Yes, I did make them all in one day, and will be doing it again soon for the church bake sale. The 3/4 sheet pans I bought make it easier because I can proof & bake 4 loves of Italian at a time.

img_768890_0_2fe506ed96d95058c4fbcee489c2815f.jpg

Dear Joe, "The Hobbyist",
I assumed that you would replace the renovation gig with the bread gig and turn what you love into your living.

We have one good bread store in Mentor (Great harvest Bread Company), and everyone else is starving. At least the renov gig pays the bills and gives me some "walking around" money as well.

BTW, I have yet to meet a lawyer who DIDN'T think they were worth their hourly rate. That's why I use LegalZoom.com.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom