Chicken filled yeast bread TNT (for babetoo)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah

Head Chef
INGREDIENTS FOR THE DOUGH:

4 cups all-purpose flour
Instant yeast 1 tbsp
Powdered milk 2 tbsp
Salt 1 tsp
Olive Oil 4 tbsp(u can use vegetable oil)
Egg 1 (plus 1 for glazing)
sugar 1 tsp

In a bowl mix together 4 cups flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar, 2 tbsp milk powder, 1 tbsp yeast, 4 tbsp oil and 1 egg, knead to a medium soft dough with slightly warm water, leave to rise for 1 hour.

Ingredients for chicken filling

Chicken boiled and shredded 1 ½ to 2 cups
Onion chopped finely 1 medium or 2 small
Salt 1 tsp
Black pepper 1 tsp
chopped parsley leaves leaves 2 tb
Allspice 1 tsp
Flour 2 tbsp
Butter 2 tbsp
Milk 1 cup
Sesame seeds as required

Heat 2 tbsp butter fry onion till soft then add 2 tbsp flour with 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp All spice powder....add the milk, cook till thick, mix in the shredded chicken add parsley leaves, remove and cool completely. Now divide the dough into two or three parts depending on what size loaves of chicken bread you want. Roll the dough to a rectangular shape, snip the sides with scissors or a knife, put filling in the centre and fold each side so they overlap each other (like a braid) the filling will show slightly but that's ok, brush top with beaten egg, sprinkle sesame seeds and bake on 200 degree C for 25 minutes or so.

Right after taking out of the oven apply butter well on the bread and let it rest covered with a cloth for 2-3 min to soften the bread completely.

Looks really good.

Do you only let it rise once? Can I use warm milk instead of warm water, since I don't have any milk powder?

How is it served? Like a lunch, instead of a sandwich? Or is it served warm for supper with sides?

Looks really good.

Do you only let it rise once? Can I use warm milk instead of warm water, since I don't have any milk powder?

How is it served? Like a lunch, instead of a sandwich? Or is it served warm for supper with sides?

Taxlady! yes i let it rise it only once unlike other rolls recipes etc...i just punch it down after an hour or an hour and a half and shape it and pop it in the oven! and u can definitely use warm milk instead of warm water.
As for how to serve it,we usually serve it either as a light lunch or with tea at tea parties..its an excellent item served at high tea parties,just score the loaf into small individual size servings,but dont cut all the way through, to preserve the beautiful shape..so that everyone can easily cut a slice and enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom