Cinnamon Rolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettyR

Senior Cook
This is the original recipe. Clone of a Cinnabon - All Recipes As you can see I changed it up quite a bit but it really is a good basic recipe.

Cinnamon Rolls

Ingredients

• 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup butter, cold

• 1-1/4 cups hot water
  • 4 tablespoons instant powdered milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 tablespoons oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 4 1/2 cups bread flour
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons yeast

• 3 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • Enough water to bring to spreading consistency
Directions

1. Combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon then cut in butter and place in refrigerator until needed.
  2. Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle; press Start.
  3. After the dough has doubled in size turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
  4. Roll dough into a 16x21 inch rectangle. Spread dough with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch-baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°
  5. Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes. Drizzle frosting on warm rolls before serving.
img_882281_0_53e6fcca10d4999abf58b4a0f0badd0b.jpg

img_882281_1_8b2435a4dd040e1a9a91d6f0e731191c.jpg

Those do look scrumptious! The recipe is similar to the one I use:
Cinnamon Rolls, How To Make Cinnamon Rolls, Harvest Cinnamon Rolls, Cinnamon Rolls Recipe, Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls Recipe, Bread Machine Recipe

I actually make these every Sunday and sell them to a local bookstore/coffeeshop...they freeze them and sell them during the week. The best thing about this recipe is that you can let them rise and bake them right away, freeze them before baking, or let them rise overnight in the refrigerator. They have a lovely soft texture. I always make a few extra for us. DH loves getting cinnamon rolls every Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom