French bread....?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Or you can freeze some of the bread. I do that all the time. Slice and freeze; then you can pull out just what you need and it defrosts in a few minutes on the counter.

I use the old Fleischmans yeast recipe for dinner rolls...been using it since I was 8 or 9, I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is: Breadworld by Fleischmann's® : Classic Dinner Rolls using RapidRiseQuick Rise Yeast Recipe

OMGoodness, those look so good. Thank you, Princess. I guess rapid rise yeast is different than what I've got...? It doesn't say rapid rise on the package. I'm sure I could find it, though.

Looks good Cheryl. Now that you've gotten your feet wet, there is no telling how far you can go. Fresh home made bread is so far superior to store bought in most respects - the only negative is that it has a much shorter shelf life - if not eaten in a couple of days it still makes great croutons. :chef:

Oh yes...there will definitely be some croutons out of this bread! Thanks, RP. :)

Or you can freeze some of the bread. I do that all the time. Slice and freeze; then you can pull out just what you need and it defrosts in a few minutes on the counter.

Thanks, GG. :) I did cut off several slices to freeze for later. I even do that with store bought bread - with it just being me here, I can't use up a whole loaf of bread before it starts to get funky. lol

OMGoodness, those look so good. Thank you, Princess. I guess rapid rise yeast is different than what I've got...? It doesn't say rapid rise on the package. I'm sure I could find it, though.

It's on the same shelves just off to the left or right. You will love these rolls.

Last edited:
Cheryl, you might want to give our member, salt and pepper's, cast iron rolls a try. They're beautifully simple to prepare and will make you cry like a baby when you eat one hot out of the oven with butter on it.

Cheryl, you might want to give our member, salt and pepper's, cast iron rolls a try. They're beautifully simple to prepare and will make you cry like a baby when you eat one hot out of the oven with butter on it.

Absolutely true. They are required fare on our holiday table. My kids love them.

I made Katie's French bread recipe yesterday and it turned out beautifully. I love fresh bread.

Attachments

• 1429380187889.jpg
    1429380187889.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 183
Beautiful job, GotGarlic. Now multiply your 2 loaves by 48 and you'll get the number I made as a fundraiser last fall. I had bread stacked on the dining room table like cord wood.:rolleyes:

Whew, Katie, what an amazing job you did! I remember you talking about it then. And you're going to do it again? I hope your friend appreciates you :)

Whew, Katie, what an amazing job you did! I remember you talking about it then. And you're going to do it again? I hope your friend appreciates you :)

Yes, I'm going to do it again and, thankfully, I have more of an advanced warning this year. It will be a task but with two bread machines to help, I think I'll get through it.

My friend definitely appreciates my efforts, which is why I agreed to do it again.

Absolutely true. They are required fare on our holiday table. My kids love them.

Oh, I definitely will! I've been lusting after those gorgeous looking rolls. :yum:

Bread making is very therapeutic, mentally and physically.

I found that to be true! It was fun, and relaxing. :)

Beautiful job, GotGarlic. Now multiply your 2 loaves by 48 and you'll get the number I made as a fundraiser last fall. I had bread stacked on the dining room table like cord wood.:rolleyes:

+1, those look so good. :yum:

Wow, Katie - that's a heck of a lot of bread....:ohmy: :chef:

Back
Top Bottom