Garlic Knots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Timothy

Head Chef
This is a wonderful and easy way to make the garlic knots, which are favorites in pizzerias everywhere!

Garlic Knots Recipe

garlic-knots-thumb-350xauto-3692.jpg

Last edited:
You're very welcome, Luca. I love these things. When I tear into them, it's hard to stop!

How are you going to add the cheese strips to the dough?

I don't know, I think I'll place them on top of the strips, before knotting, but not on the whole strip, just in the middle. The topological issue is not to place the cheese on the bottom of the knot...

I don't know, I think I'll place them on top of the strips, before knotting, but not on the whole strip, just in the middle. The topological issue is not to place the cheese on the bottom of the knot...

That sounds really good, Luca. Please post some pics of the build and outcome.

TIA

Thanks Timothy. Anything garlic and butter is always good. Can never have too much garlic or butter. These would make an interersting hit for holiday dinners. I wonder how they would be if you added the garlic/butter mixture before you tie them in a knot and then on top also. :chef:

Last edited:
I have had something very similar served in a restaurant. The rolls were in a small cast iron frying pan with the garlic butter poured on top. That way all the butter that didn't stick to a roll, stayed in the pan for dipping.

A lot of places just use their pizza dough to make them. I like to let the dough rise and rise and rise. Man do they get light, airy and become like sponges for the good stuff, especially with lots of fresh grated parm on top!:yum:

Craig

Back
Top Bottom