Help! Bitter Taste and Hard Steamed buns
I need help! I've gone through 5lbs of flour and still haven't gotten any good results. The steamed buns have a hard texture and has a bitter taste.
Basically it is about the same process as making bread but instead of baking I steam it.
Here's the ingredients
500 g Bread flour
7 g Yeast
50 g Sugar
1 cup Milk (235 g)
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Salt
1 tbs Canola oil
1. Heat up milk to be 93F
2. Add yeast in and stir until dissolved
3. Add sugar in and stir until dissolved
4. After 5 minutes of waiting, I add 2 tbs of flour and stir
5. Wait another 5 minutes.
6. Mix the dry ingredients together
7. Add yeast mix to the dry ingredients and add oil
8. Mix in an electric mixer on stir for 3 minutes
9. Take out of bowl put in another bowl and put a warm towel over it (ambient temperature ~75F with wind and pretty dry environment)
10. Wait for 25 minutes
11. Take out of the bowl and knead until the dough feels like soft skin and springy
12. Put in the bowl and cover with warm towel for 1 hour 20 minutes. (ambient temperature ~70F with wind and pretty dry environment)
13. Punch dough and form 50 g pieces
14. Using rolling pin to roll into circles
15. Put filler material in and wrap into steamed buns
16. Allow it to sit for 30 minutes
17. Put in a bamboo steamer
18. Steam for 15 minutes and let it sit for 10.
Much help would be greatly appreciated ^_^