Help with bread dough?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julio

Senior Cook
Hello,

I am making italian bread i was folling the person in this video >> YouTube - Making Italian Bread but my dough looks more like batter than bread dough. :(

How can i fix it? I added one extra cup of flour but it didn't help. I was using the dough hook but it is taking too long for it to turn into hard dough.

Thanks Alix,

I ended up making a new batter but i used the recipe from the artisan stand mixer manual. I made the rapid bread mix.

Oh yes! I have them in the fridge ready to bake in a 1/2 hour from now.

I am making italian bread i was folling the person in this video but my dough looks more like batter than bread dough. :(

How can i fix it? I added one extra cup of flour but it didn't help. I was using the dough hook but it is taking too long for it to turn into hard dough.

Go back and watch the video again - it doesn't form a ball! This is a very wet soft dough ... too soft to ball up like you were expecting. After rising the first time it will be a little "stiffer" because the flour has had time to absorb all of the water but it still isn't going to be stiff - it is still going to be a very soft dough just firm enough to work with.

It certainly has piqued my curiosity enough to give it a try sometime in the near future.

Why some mesages go to my subscribe box and some not? This one isn't. I was looking for this to show my wife and it's not there, had to look all over the place? Sorry for of topic.

Back
Top Bottom