How TO Make a Bread...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Noob-In-Bake

Assistant Cook
Hello... i'm new member here :LOL:.. can anyone tell me what is the ingredient to make a bread?? pls tell me clearly and how to mix it >.< step by step pls.. cause i always blur easyly... thank u^^:-p details...details... >.<

Good Morning....Welcome to DC

I don't call myself a baker, but if you will do a search (top right of page) and search for "New York Times" bread recipe you will find a lot good reading. The recipe is fairly easy to use.

Have Fun & Enjoy!

Well - first .... what type of bread are you wanting to make? A flat bread, a yeast leavened bread, a sourdough, or a chemically levened bread like a quick bread or a soda bread that is raised by baking powder/soda?

Also, knowing where you live would help in suggesting ingredients and where to find them.

ITALIAN BREAD

Starter:

1 1/2 cups warm (105F) water
1/2 tsp active dry yeast
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Mix all the ingredients together in a medium bowl and mix in a Kitchen Aid mixer, with a dough hook, on medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes until a stiff, elastic batter is formed. Divide the starter into two equal pieces. Wrap one piece in oiled plastic wrap and freeze for later use. Place the remaining starter into an oiled glass bowl, cover, and allow to rise until triple in volume. This should take about 8 hours at room temperature or at least 14 hours in the refrigerator.

Bread Dough:

1 tsp active dry yeast
1/4 cup warm (105F) water
1 cup cool water
Starter, at room temperature
3 1/2 cups bread (preferred) or all-purpose flour
1 1/2 Tbs kosher salt

Combine the warm water and yeast in a large bowl and stir with a fork to dissolve the yeast. Let stand for 10 minutes.

Add the cool water and sponge to the yeast mixture and mix by hand for about 2 minutes, breaking up the sponge, until the sponge is completely dissolved. Pour this mixture into the Kitchen Aid bowl, and, using a dough hook at low speed, add the flour and salt, scraping the sides of the bowl, until the dough gathers into a mass. The dough should be wet and sticky with long strands of dough hanging from the hook. Increase mixer speed to medium low and allow to knead for about 5 minutes, until it pulls completely away from the sides of the bowl and wraps itself around the dough hook. Move the dough to a work surface lightly dusted with flour and shape the dough into a ball. Allow the dough to rest, covered, for 15 minutes. Knead the dough by hand for 3 to 5 minutes, until it is stretchy and smooth yet still slightly sticky. Shape the dough into a ball, place it in a lightly oiled glass bowl, cover the bowl with oiled plastic wrap, and let the dough rise at room temperature until doubled in size.

Last edited:
Finally, my chance to pay it forward!! NIB, go Bread Baking Instructional Videos and Baking Supplies., and look up the no-knead-bread recipe. Only four ingredients, you don't even need a stand mixer, and best of all, he provides video instruction!
FYI-even though he says to use purified water and a specific yeast, I just made it with lukewarm tap water and "rapid rise" yeast and it came out perfect. Also, FWIW, I made mine in a pyrex dutch oven with noooooo problem whatsoever!

Welcome to DC!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom