"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches > Yeast Breads, Rolls & Braids

Old 12-29-2015, 05:15 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPCookin View Post
Here's another option for the OP: Clone of Cinabon

For this she just cuts them with a sharp knife and it doesn't seem to pinch them much at all.
What I wonder about is why margarine AND butter in the recipe? I don't use margarine ever. It is made mostly from chemicals.

Old 12-30-2015, 10:04 AM   #12
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
What I wonder about is why margarine AND butter in the recipe? I don't use margarine ever. It is made mostly from chemicals.
Actually margarine is mostly vegetable oil. Just reduces some of the saturated fat in the recipe. In this case the margarine is used in the dough, so I'd be inclined it leave it in. It's oilier than butter and may be necessary for proper texture - I don't know. The butter is in the cinnamon filling for flavor.

That said, I often use unsalted butter in recipes where margarine is specified if flavor is important, and I might be inclined to try it in this recipe. I haven't actually made these buns before, just posted it because I ran across them the other day.

I'm a bigger fan of caramel pecan sticky buns than I am the frosted ones anyway. This is more my style: Ooey-Gooey Cinnamon Buns

Old 12-30-2015, 12:29 PM   #13
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPCookin View Post
Actually margarine is mostly vegetable oil. Just reduces some of the saturated fat in the recipe.

I'm a bigger fan of caramel pecan sticky buns than I am the frosted ones anyway. This is more my style: Ooey-Gooey Cinnamon Buns
All things found on this planet are made up of chemicals, including lard, butter, flour, milk, meat, green beans, etc. Chemicals are elements and compounds made up of atoms, electrons and subatomic particles. That said, when most people think chemicals, they think either of man-made chemicals, or petrolium based chemicals such as nylon and other plastics, solvents, anti freeze, etc. If you idea of a chemical is a man-made concoction of molecules, and probably the most consumed, is any alcoholic drink. The alcohols and other aromatic flavors are all chemicals made by distillation processes. There is nothing natural about them. Ever see a naturally occurring pond of bourbon in the wild, or maybe a lake of beer, or a creel of vodka.

Yes, there are many chemicals that I don't want in the air I breath, the clothes I wear, or the food and drink I consume. But there are also many chmicals manufactured by plants and animals that are required by my body to make it function properly. So let's not just keep calling everything we think is bad in foods, chemicals. It's inaccurate.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cinnamon, rolls