Ms. Mofet's Sausage Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Ms. Mofet's Sausage Bread

3 lbs. Italian sweet sausage - bulk or removed from casing - crumbled and browned; drain and removed to large bowl
1/4 lb. Locatelli Romano cheese - grated
1/4 lb. Parmesan cheese - grated
8 - 10 cloves Fresh garlic - chopped fine
1/2 large bunch Fresh flat parsley - chopped fine
Ground red pepper flakes - to taste

When sausage is cooled; add remaining above ingredients and mix well.
1lb Mozzarella - shredded

Favorite raw bread dough (homemade or may use prepared RAW pizza dough from local store, pizzeria, bakery or frozen) - enough for 2 French bread loaves

Preheat oven to 450°F

For each loaf - Roll out dough into a rectangle (long side toward you).
Spread sausage mixture over dough only to the edge of long side closest to you, leave about 2 inches from the edge of the other long side away from you and about 1 inch from the end of the short sides.
Spread mozzarella over meat.
Start at the long side closest to you and roll dough and meat jelly roll style towards the long side that is away from you (roll tightly but be careful not to rip the dough). Pinch dough together along long side.
Pinch short ends together and fold over long side seam.
Roll dough over so all the seams are under the roll.
Place on parchment lined (or silicon mat) sheet pan seams down.
Bake at 450°F till dough is golden brown and sounds hollow when thumped. About 45 to 60 minutes.
Cool slightly.
Serve warm or cold.
May freeze cooked loaves and reheat in oven before serving.

img_1456438_0_fc71eccb54f38bc868861dcb4d5daa7d.jpg

img_1456438_1_91a83df828bf5d73f4911d3b90e0ac31.jpg

img_1456438_2_718e5181de9ee1dedef14085f10192f7.jpg

Oh, that looks wonderful, MsM! :yum: Copied and saved. I'll definitely try that. I may cheat a little and use the frozen prepared dough. :)

Oh, that looks wonderful, MsM! :yum: Copied and saved. I'll definitely try that. I may cheat a little and use the frozen prepared dough. :)
So long as the dough tastes good no problem. I have used dough from local pizza place. If you have a Trader Joe's near they have regular and whole wheat raw dough in bags. It's pretty good. I use it for pizza sometimes.

So long as the dough tastes good no problem. I have used dough from local pizza place. If you have a Trader Joe's near they have regular and whole wheat raw dough in bags. It's pretty good. I use it for pizza sometimes.

Good point, MsM. I'll keep an eye out for fresh dough, or try making some myself. :mellow: :) I'll check with my local pizzeria. This just looks too good to not give it a try.

Pardon my saying, but that looks like a food-gasm waiting to happen. :yum:

Do you/can you dip it in marinara too, or just eat it straight up? I'd prefer it naked, but Himself would probably be wanting to sauce it up. I'm afraid the sauce would ruin it.

C&P, thank you MsM!

You're welcome PF. Enjoy

Pardon my saying, but that looks like a food-gasm waiting to happen. :yum:

Do you/can you dip it in marinara too, or just eat it straight up? I'd prefer it naked, but Himself would probably be wanting to sauce it up. I'm afraid the sauce would ruin it.

I eat it as is hot, warm or cold straight out of the fridge. I have never dipped it into anything but my mouth. LOL But you can dip in sauce. I do use left over filing to top pizza.
Let me know how you like it - naked, dipped or both.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom