Onion Bagels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know what to say. I boil for a minute, flipping after 30 seconds. I think if you modify the risings as I suggested, the boiling will be less of a problem.

One thing I have noticed is I get better results if I don't over proof the first time. The directions say to let the dough rise until it's doubled in size. If you let it go beyond that, that's when you start to have problems with the finished product.

Charlie, I have had less than perfect bagels they put in a bag at the bagel store. They tasted just as good as their mates. Unlike them, who will sell anything, you get to eat the imperfect ones hot out of the oven in the kitchen. It's the cook's bonus-- a treat. Serve the others to your family. Personally, I like the looks of yours, nice color and they look perfectly chewy like a bagel should.

You can send the ones you don't like the looks of to me. I'll eat them. They sure do look yummy to me. ;)

chopper said:
You can send the ones you don't like the looks of to me. I'll eat them. They sure do look yummy to me. ;)

+1

Chopper and I will split the rejects!

How many bagels do you guys think he will reject? I had dibs on them first! Besides, Charlie likes me best. Right?

Sorry, folks, my kids were fighting for the last twop this morning, I have 3 girls at home. But you are sure funny. Thanks everybody. :LOL:

Second time around is definitely much better result. Andy you were right i did over proof the second time.

Attachments

• IMG_0411[1].jpg
    IMG_0411[1].jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 197
Alright! That's a great looking crust on those to the right.
I've got to try tackling these soon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom