Rye bread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just curious, if flour is kosher by default, what is it about malted grain that might not be kosher?
Malting process involves drying after the grain is sprouted. The ovens that are used for drying can and are used for number of different applications. Whatever they might be. Different products. The possibilities are probably endless. I am not familiar with products and process enough to know. That what May or may not make the oven Not kosher and thus the products that come out of that oven will also not be kosher.

Last edited:
It looks like I found the kosher malted rye, except it is call rye malt, trying to figure out if it is the same thing.

Malting pr oceans involves drying after the grain is sprouted. The ovens that are used for drying can and are used for number of different applications. Whatever they might be. Different products. The possibilities are probably endless. I am not familiar with products and process enough to know. That what May or may not make the oven Not kosher and thus the products that come out of that oven will also not be kosher.
The ovens! Of course, that makes sense.

Malting process involves drying after the grain is sprouted. The ovens that are used for drying can and are used for number of different applications. Whatever they might be. Different products. The possibilities are probably endless. I am not familiar with products and process enough to know. That what May or may not make the oven Not kosher and thus the products that come out of that oven will also not be kosher.

But if the maker has the kosher mark on the product, can you trust it? I know they have to be certified for producing kosher products. :angel:

Addie, to answer your first question. If there is kosher marking on the package it is good to go. Of course sometimes it could be there by mistake. Product could have been kosher before but no longer kosher, for example. Kosher agencies usually send notifications about things like that.
The second question, I found kosher certified producer on line and then found their distributor, package did not have kosher marking on it though, that also happens.

I hate dealing with idiots. And I am the biggest one. I order the grain, malt rye and malt barely for future bread and specifically mentioned that it should not be ground. Guess what, they sent me the ground one of course. Which renders not kosher and I cannot use it. I should have asked for the sales person name and get some kind of written assurance. The stupid thing is that the shipping was more expensive than the grains. I got three different ones. Now I have them seating on the table and they smell so good. The smell of artesian fresh bread. Supper yum. If anybody wants it I'd be happy to send it, it’s on me. Just hate to waist it.

We have a friend here named CharlieD. And he is no idiot! The person who took your order is the idiot! :angel:

I hate dealing with idiots. And I am the biggest one. I order the grain, malt rye and malt barely for future bread and specifically mentioned that it should not be ground. Guess what, they sent me the ground one of course. Which renders not kosher and I cannot use it. I should have asked for the sales person name and get some kind of written assurance. The stupid thing is that the shipping was more expensive than the grains. I got three different ones. Now I have them seating on the table and they smell so good. The smell of artesian fresh bread. Supper yum. If anybody wants it I'd be happy to send it, it’s on me. Just hate to waist it.

Charlie, call and complain. Tell them to send you the correct stuff free.

I did, problem is it is a small store and they no customer service or anything. Also they did e-mail me the copy of the order but I was so exited that I found the stuff that I did not double check. My foult, or is it fault.

Back
Top Bottom