"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches > Yeast Breads, Rolls & Braids
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-15-2012, 12:11 AM   #11
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Galena, IL
Posts: 7,973
CraigC -- I absolutely hate snakes. That said (in other words, I wouldn't want to see one), lovely pics. I used to do a lot of beadwork, and in earlier days 'did' several snakes for friends, but found myself without one (I did a diamondback rattler and a coral). I haven't been able to get the creative juices going, but love the looks of this one and will have to find a way to print it so I can try to get it going.
__________________

__________________
Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:43 AM   #12
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,928
This thread is absolutely hilarious! Oozing yeast, killer bread loaves, gems, snakes and beads! Only makes sense at DC
__________________

__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:52 AM   #13
Executive Chef
 
CraigC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
CraigC -- I absolutely hate snakes. That said (in other words, I wouldn't want to see one), lovely pics. I used to do a lot of beadwork, and in earlier days 'did' several snakes for friends, but found myself without one (I did a diamondback rattler and a coral). I haven't been able to get the creative juices going, but love the looks of this one and will have to find a way to print it so I can try to get it going.
I have many more pics of both species.
__________________
Emeralds are real Gems! C. caninus & C. Batesii.
CraigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,875
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
This thread is absolutely hilarious! Oozing yeast, killer bread loaves, gems, snakes and beads! Only makes sense at DC
+1
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:56 AM   #15
Master Chef
 
Chief Longwind Of The North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA,Michigan
Posts: 9,229
I think we are all a little ADHD around here. Wait! I just saw a Monarch butterfly. Gotta go. Oh, there's a bright, metallic blue dragon fly, gotta go. Oooh, shiny piece of sand-polished glass on the beach. Gotta go.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
__________________
“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:03 AM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
I think we are all a little ADHD around here. Wait! I just saw a Monarch butterfly. Gotta go. Oh, there's a bright, metallic blue dragon fly, gotta go. Oooh, shiny piece of sand-polished glass on the beach. Gotta go.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #17
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 323
haha, I think I was actually wincing, with one eye half shut, as I read your story, Chief Longwind of the North (love this moniker).

I could just imagine, even before you got to the time you returned home, what that blob of poolish was up to. You were very brave (or something else....) to leave it alone for so long.

Next time: no poolish suspended over a carpeted floor - right?!
__________________
Soma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:27 PM   #18
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: here
Posts: 3,612
Longwind, why didn't you just set it on the kitchen counter? I don't understand why you put it in the dining room.

I presume your kitchen isn't carpeted. :)
__________________
Greg Who Cooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:45 PM   #19
Head Chef
 
GLC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Near Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Who Cooks View Post
Longwind, why didn't you just set it on the kitchen counter? I don't understand why you put it in the dining room.

I presume your kitchen isn't carpeted. :)
Evil poolish mind control. It wanted the soft landing.
__________________
"Kitchen duty is awarded only to those of manifest excellence..." - The Master, Dogen
GLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #20
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 323
I don't suppose you thought to grab a camera so you could show us what the blob was up to in your house..... maybe next time.....?
__________________

__________________
Soma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.