The yeast of my problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you gently poking your index finger into the dough to see if the indentation stay? If so it's ready if not then it needs more rising until the indentation remains. If it's not rising at all period then you've blitzed the yeast with two hot of water more than likely or it's rising in a draft......... I like to set my oven to 200 degrees, turn it off then set my covered wet towel bowl on a oven proof pot holder and let first rise be an hour and then do the poke test.......never had a problem

Heres a thought as to the problem your having. I don't use the same band of yeast but I keep mine in the fridge after I open a new jar, on the jar label it says to let the yeast come to room temperature before adding the warm water(100-110*). I've done this mistake before & got bad results.

I buy Red Star in 2 pound bags from COSTCO at about 5 bucks and store it in the freezer
This is over a 1 year supply, and I have always had good results. I seldom use anything other than a bread machine, and it works well for me.

Back
Top Bottom