Yea! Finally!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, but I have no idea.

You assumed, incorrectly, that folks with dentures are the people who enjoy the soft white bread. This is a fallacy, if you have no teeth at all, maybe the white bread is a good sub. But if a person has dentures, hearty crusty breads with bite to them are preferred.

Sorry, I am a geriatric, Geriatric Nurse who wears dentures, I'm not a fan of false stereotypes towards the elderly.

You assumed, incorrectly, that folks with dentures are the people who enjoy the soft white bread. This is a fallacy, if you have no teeth at all, maybe the white bread is a good sub. But if a person has dentures, hearty crusty breads with bite to them are preferred.

Sorry, I am a geriatric, Geriatric Nurse who wears dentures, I'm not a fan of false stereotypes towards the elderly.

PF is soooo right!

Spike stopped by with another of the Artisan loaves of bread for me yesterday morning. The Pirate was here for the day and it was more than half gone by noon. And it wasn't The Pirate who did most of the damage. I did my share also. We were lucky to have any left for the pasta and sausages for supper. Just enough left today for my lunch. With or without my dentures, Wonder Bread will never cross my threshold again. :angel:

I made no assumption and I was not talking about the elderly. I was trying to be funny and I see it was not funny to you.

Since it seems I owe you an explanation. Here it is.

Deep South = Many people with dentures. Old people and young people. This is what I meant.
I had a grandmother and a mother and respect was shown to them and everyone I meet or talk to. Old or young.

Roll_Bones;. Your sig seems to indicate you are in Mount Pilot? NC? You are aunt Bea after all.[/QUOTE said:
Mount Pilot is a fictional town.

I have been known as Aunt Bea, Aunt Bee or Aunt B for the last forty years or more.

Remember this is the internet, be skeptical! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

We have little to no access to bread like this in our area. In fact crusty bread in these parts is considered inferior and loaf type white bread is the staple.
Might be because many have false teeth.....LOL

We do have Publix and Panera bread in town. I know Publix makes good bread. Does anyone know about Panera Bread?

Usually when I find good bread, I remove most of the insides and enjoy the crust. To me, bread is the crust.

White bread IS supposedly superior to artisan breads. It was a status symbol for the rich, they could afford soft white bread, it was expensive and made by a factory, not handmade by a mere baker.

False teeth/dentures had nothing to do with it. I was just pointing out that people with dentures do not eat soft bread, it is more difficult to chew.

I have been known as Aunt Bea, Aunt Bee or Aunt B for the last forty years or more.

I saw the connection when I first joined. Aunt Bea and Mt. Pilot. Remember Andy Griffith show folks? Think back! :angel:

I saw the connection when I first joined. Aunt Bea and Mt. Pilot. Remember Andy Griffith show folks? Think back! :angel:

My Sister says I look like Frances Bavier From the Andy Griffith Show or Shelley Winters when she played Nana Mary on Roseanne.

Could be worse, I could look like my Sister! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
My Sister says I look like Frances Bavier From the Andy Griffith Show or Shelley Winters when she played Nana Mary on Roseanne.

Could be worse, I could look like my Sister! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I am just Aunt E! or Gran E! My first name is too difficult for little kids.:rolleyes:

Actually Mount Pilot is a real town in NC and it was Mayberry that was fictional.

White bread IS supposedly superior to artisan breads. It was a status symbol for the rich, they could afford soft white bread, it was expensive and made by a factory, not handmade by a mere baker.
False teeth/dentures had nothing to do with it. I was just pointing out that people with dentures do not eat soft bread, it is more difficult to chew.

I was pointing out that dentures/false teeth are very common in the south.
Nothing more.

Andy Griffith is on TV right now. Mount Pilot is a real town. Mayberry was fictional. Mount Airy is where the Andy Griffith show as filmed.

Mayberry is actually Mount Airy.

Back
Top Bottom