You have got to try this stuffed Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
You will recognize the recipe. It may be a new twist on using it though.
I am talking about the potato bread recipe (SpudNut pastry dough) I've come to love. The way I make it, there is such a wonderful texture, with a mildly sweet, and pronounced yeast flavor. What I stuffed it with matches perfectly to it. I turned the bread into a stromboli, as I said I was going to do in another post.

Make this bread dough first thing in the morning or the night before to let the dough develop a rich, yeasty flavor.

Here's the recipe:
6 cups AP flour
3 tbs. vital wheat gluten
2 tbs. active yeast
2 large eggs
2 tsp. salt
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cooking oil

Filling:
a pint, freezer bag full of Shaved ham
1/4 lb Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1/4 lb. Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
1/4 lb. Aged Swiss Cheese, shredded
1/4 loaf Velveeta Cheese, thinly sliced

Heat the milk to 115' F. Remove from the heat. Stir in the sugar, and the yeast util both are dissolved. Let sit for ten minutes to proof the yeast.

Combine the dry bread ingredients with a balloon whisk. Whisk the eggs nad cooking oil into the sweetened milk. Add to the dry ingredients and kneed for fifteen minutes. The dough will be smooth and elastic. Divide the dough into two, equal blobs (is that a technical term:LOL:) and place each into its own gallon freezer bag. Place in the fridge and let chill for five hours, or overnight.

Slice up the ham and cheeses and store in separate containers in your fridge.

When ready to bake the stromboli, libberaly dust your work surface with flour. Roll one of the dough-balls into a large rectangle, about as thin as for pizza. Evenly top the rolled dough with a single layer of meat and each cheese, leaving an inch on each side, and at the far end from you. Jelly roll the dough, and place on a large, parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Repeat. Actually one of my dough-balls was half again as large as the other, so that after rolling it out, I sliced it in half and made three equal loaves.

Brush with EVOO and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes. Hake at 350' for one hour. Remove and either eat hot, or let cool in your fridge, to be sliced and eaten whenever you want.

I simply can't describe how great this things tastes, at least to me.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom