Apple Cinnamon Muffins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

letscook

Head Chef
Found this recipe for Apple Muffins,
Apple Sauce Cinnamon Muffins Recipe | Just A Pinch Recipes

I have a question on the oat bran. Is that a flour or a cereal?

With this being Apple season in the Finger lakes of New York, looking for some new apple recipes

Also tried a new apple this year. Sansa - they are august & September apple. Really sweet & crisp. Hope to take the grandkids apple picking /hay ride. We have had good apple this year last year was horrible.

Thanks

Found this recipe for Apple Muffins,
Apple Sauce Cinnamon Muffins Recipe | Just A Pinch Recipes

I have a question on the oat bran. Is that a flour or a cereal?

With this being Apple season in the Finger lakes of New York, looking for some new apple recipes

Also tried a new apple this year. Sansa - they are august & September apple. Really sweet & crisp. Hope to take the grandkids apple picking /hay ride. We have had good apple this year last year was horrible.

Thanks

It is more of a cereal, if you don't have any on hand I would take some rolled oats and pulse them in the blender or food processor to create a coarse meal.

You can probably find it at Wegman's.

1350c184_oatbran_f_1800.jpg

Made these and didn't like them. although nice apple flavor, the texture to grainy a- they were ok the first day but after that they just lost it. Hard to described, but will not make again.

Made these and didn't like them. although nice apple flavor, the texture to grainy a- they were ok the first day but after that they just lost it. Hard to described, but will not make again.

Thanks for the review. I am not one to care for 'grainy' type of bread foods. I would have used half all purpose and half whole wheat flour. And knowing what the oat bran is like to eat as cereal, I would have ran it through my food processor to make it even less grainy. And in the end, would have been disappointed anyway. I can be so picky at times. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom