Baking temp for toaster oven muffins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchengoddess8

Sous Chef
Is there a temperature adjustment I need to make if I'm going to use a toaster oven rather than a regular oven to bake muffins? I used the recipe on the bag of Pamela's Baking Mix, and it said to bake at 350 for 20 minutes. I used those guidelines, and the muffins came out a okay but were a little chewy. Should I have used a higher temp and lower bake time?

I don't think so, I use the directions on packages and regular recipes all the time with my toaster oven.

If I'm using metal pans, I set my counter top oven temp as per the recipe. If I'm using glass, I lower the temp 25 degrees. So for muffins, I follow the recipe directions.
No matter what oven I'm using, I don't simply following the time suggested in the recipe. Most baked items can be tested with a finger touch or tooth pick stick to make sure they are finished baking.

I like the simplicity of just following the temp on the recipe. I'm going to try baking cookies in the toaster oven and hope it works!

Today, I found out what you shouldn't put in a toaster over. I had a small piece of food I wanted to heat up. Without even thinking I put it in the toaster oven. But I made the mistake of putting it on a paper plate. Not a good idea.

There is a difference between a toaster oven and a microwave oven. What was I thinking? :angel:

Today, I found out what you shouldn't put in a toaster over. I had a small piece of food I wanted to heat up. Without even thinking I put it in the toaster oven. But I made the mistake of putting it on a paper plate. Not a good idea.

There is a difference between a toaster oven and a microwave oven. What was I thinking? :angel:
:LOL:

I'm glad you didn't set your apartment on fire. How's the toaster oven?

:angel:

:LOL:

I'm glad you didn't set your apartment on fire. How's the toaster oven?

:angel:

It is fine. I caught it just as the plate was starting to burn and blacken. It was a small sandwich size plate. If anyone should ever ask you if you know any really dumb folks, you can use my name. :angel:

Yeah, that heating element gets pretty hot. I guess you missed Pac's question earlier asking about putting parchment paper in the toaster oven. That's not a good idea, either. :LOL:

Yeah, that heating element gets pretty hot. I guess you missed Pac's question earlier asking about putting parchment paper in the toaster oven. That's not a good idea, either. :LOL:

I recently posted that question and am glad I got an answer! I definitely don't want anything on fire in the toaster oven.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom