Big biscuits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jed54

Assistant Cook
My mother passed away this past March. For years at Thanksgiving she made these large light bread biscuits that were at least 3 to 4" high, and would melt in your mouth...... I wish after all these years I would have watched her make these. Its a shame we take a lot of things like this for granted thru life. Thanksgiving is just around the corner again, and I think we will be missing out on these biscuits not unless someone could possibly pass along the way to duplicate them... :rolleyes: Thank You

Jed54, I'm sorry for your loss. That is a hard thing to have to deal with at holiday time. Can you give us a bit more info about the biscuits? Are they yeasty kind?

Thanks for getting back...... Yes she did use yeast, and she let the bread rise then pull off the biscuits then bake....... I know working with yeast can be tricky.......

I've got a couple of ideas, let me go rummage thru my files. Meanwhile, I know someone else will be along shortly with some help. BRB.

Sorry it took so long to get back with my biscuit learning... :)
But I'm happy to report they came out just fine.... Everyone said they looked, and tasted just like my Moms...... Thanks for all the info by everyone....! :chef:

Back
Top Bottom