Blueberry Buns like my Bubby made

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ella/TO

Sous Chef
Hi DCers....hopefully someone out there can help me....My Jewish Bubby used to make a yeast dough with a juicy blueberrry filling.....don't have anything in any of my books.....any help for me? Will appreciate all and every answer and thanks in advance!!!:kiss:

nope, always called "Blueberry Buns", even here in Toronto in a couple of popular Jewish Bakeries. Come summer it was always Blueberry Bun time! Thanks for getting back to me

Dina! Thanks so much.....just the words "Health Bread Bakery" brings back the aroma and taste of their b.buns....yum......shall try them real soon....thanks again!!!

Dina! Thanks so much.....just the words "Health Bread Bakery" brings back the aroma and taste of their b.buns....yum......shall try them real soon....thanks again!!!
You're welcome. I'm drooling looking at the recipe. I might make them this week.

Really, MostlyWater!....I made them and there was just a bit of the filling left over, which my hubby gobbled down...lol.....and, they did turn out sooooo good....next time tho', I shall use the larger crystal sugar for the tops.

If you have way to much filling for the recipe, I would wonder if your yeast was good or if you cooked down the filling enough.

Back
Top Bottom