Bread baking question - HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettyjc

Assistant Cook
I like to bake various breads (Apricot, Banana, Strawberry, and Cranberry Almond) to give with gifts at Christmas. Instead of the usual loaf pan (4 1/2 x 8 1/2), I want to use smaller loaf pans (5 3/4 x 3 1/4 x 2 1/4). In the past it seems the bread is too dry. Am I baking at the wrong temp (350) for the smaller loaves? A friend advised adding a dollop of sour cream would help. Anyone know about this? Thanks for any advice and am sure the recipients would thank you. Betty

I like to bake various breads (Apricot, Banana, Strawberry, and Cranberry Almond) to give with gifts at Christmas. Instead of the usual loaf pan (4 1/2 x 8 1/2), I want to use smaller loaf pans (5 3/4 x 3 1/4 x 2 1/4). In the past it seems the bread is too dry. Am I baking at the wrong temp (350) for the smaller loaves? A friend advised adding a dollop of sour cream would help. Anyone know about this? Thanks for any advice and am sure the recipients would thank you. Betty
Betty.
It's possible that you left them go to long, not so much the temp..Next batch keep a closer eye and check them more often.And if you feel better about the temp lower it a bit and see what you come out with.
kadesma

I would leave the oven temp alone but bake them for a shorter period of time. You can do the spring test or test with a toothpick to see that they are done.

Back
Top Bottom