Cake in a Mug WOW!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DramaQueen

Head Chef
I received this recipe in my e-mail a couple of days ago and was intrigued. I made it for my card club and they absolutely loved it. These would make great little gifts for people like hairdressers, dog sitters, or anyone on your list. Just get a pretty mug, make the cake and wrap it in fancy cellophane and a nice ribbon. I would LOVE to receive this kind of gift. I passed this along to my friend's daughter who has 4 small kids. They would enjoy making these, they're sooooo simple . Here are more:

http://budget101.com/mugmixes.htm

And why , is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried this? What size mug did you use?? It does sound like a great gift!!

Thanks! I think it would be great for a girls night party too. Great party favor for my friends to take home with them.

I'm kinda lazy. I would be tempted to mix the dry ingredients in a bigger amount and figure out how much would make one mug. When you make it the first time, use a measuring cup so you know how much the dry ingredients measure total. Then you can use the ratios of 2 parts flour 2 parts sugar 1 part cocoa and make up a batch to keep. Then when you want to make a mug, just measure out the appropriate amount of dry and add the rest. Great idea!

You could also do it like a "gift in a jar" type idea. Just put the dry ingredients in the mug and a copy of the directions and wrap as the gift. How cute would that be?

I'm kinda lazy. I would be tempted to mix the dry ingredients in a bigger amount and figure out how much would make one mug. When you make it the first time, use a measuring cup so you know how much the dry ingredients measure total. Then you can use the ratios of 2 parts flour 2 parts sugar 1 part cocoa and make up a batch to keep. Then when you want to make a mug, just measure out the appropriate amount of dry and add the rest. Great idea!

The origianal recipe I posted had to be removed becaue of copyright infringment but the link remains. The object of the recipe in a cup is so that you can have a cake instantly by making only one at a time instead of making a whole cake.

The idea of making several as gifts was my idea. I think it's easier to go from one cup to the other adding ingredients one by one so you have the correct ratio without having to "figure out" how much each cup gets. But you do what you think is best for you.

You could also do it like a "gift in a jar" type idea. Just put the dry ingredients in the mug and a copy of the directions and wrap as the gift. How cute would that be?

That's fine but the recipient would still have to add the wet ingredients to make the cake thus creating work for them.
I would make the cake, include a copy of the recipe or the link to all of the mug recipes, then if they liked it they could make it themselves. Remember this is just a token gift idea to say "thanks" or "I thought you'd like this little gift from me."

I was thinking of sending it to friends that are too far away to send the already made cake though. Just an idea.

I got this email, too, and kept forgetting to post it.

It looked like a great idea to me, and I'm glad it turned out as well as it looks!

Lee

Couldn't you just adapt your favorite cake or muffin recipes? Just change the cooking times? Has anyone tried this? I think an 8 oz. coffee mug would just be a deeper muffin tin...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom