Cracked Black Pepper Cream Biscuits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeni78

Senior Cook
Hi All,

I just tried these for the first time tonight and they turned out really well. I thought I'd share!

Cracked Black Pepper Cream Biscuits

INGREDIENTS
3 cups bread flour (give or take)
1T baking powder
1T sugar
2 T coarsely ground black pepper or to taste
1t table salt
1 1/4 cups heavy cream or half & half
2T unsalted butter
1/4 t coarse salt

INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 425 degree F and grease a large cookie sheet and melt butter in small bowl for dipping.

Mix together first 5 ingredients, then add cream. Knead dough for about 30-45 seconds then roll out to ½ inch thick. Cut out biscuits, dip in butter, sprinkle with coarse salt and bake for about 8-12 minutes.

The amount of pepper in these has a fairly strong finish. If I were making this for a crowd, I'd probably cut it in half.

Attachments

• biscuits 001.jpg
    biscuits 001.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 204
You could probably use all purpose flour but I am not 100% sure. The original recipe called for cake flour and I used bread flour because I happened to have it but I would have tried it with all purpose if I didn't.

You could probably use all purpose flour but I am not 100% sure. The original recipe called for cake flour and I used bread flour because I happened to have it but I would have tried it with all purpose if I didn't.
hi jeni!! how are you today? btw i posted a reply in your other thread about learning to cook.

Thanks! I will be over there in a minute or so - slow computer and work to do!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom