Danish Braid photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
I've had this recipe for a month or so and finally got around to making these danish braids. They were easy to make but a bit time consuming. No wonder bakers get up so early in the morning to make pastries. I made these over the course of a couple days and thought we'd have them for breakfast yesterday but they weren't out of the oven until two in the afternoon.:LOL: I'll post the recipe if anyone is interested.

Note:in the second picture you are able to see my son's hand digging in. He couldn't wait to eat these until I was done taking photos.:mrgreen:

Attachments

• db1.jpg
    db1.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 290
  • db2.jpg
    db2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 306
  • db3.jpg
    db3.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:
Very nice, what I like about them is you can fill them with so many different things.

Oh, how lovely. You did a great job, just look at the smile on his face :eek:)

Please post that recipe. Looks like blueberry??

Those look picture perfect, corazon!
(Although I'm partial to the photo of your son eating it! What a cutie!)

Please post the recipe!
PS -I have a recipe for brioche that is pretty much the only bread I make. I do it in either roll form or in braids. The good part is that it rises in the fridge and you can let it sit in there from 2-24 hours, adapting to your schedule. I'll try to post it soon.

corazon90 said:
I've had this recipe for a month or so and finally got around to making these danish braids. They were easy to make but a bit time consuming. No wonder bakers get up so early in the morning to make pastries. I made these over the course of a couple days and thought we'd have them for breakfast yesterday but they weren't out of the oven until two in the afternoon.:LOL: I'll post the recipe if anyone is interested.

Note:in the second picture you are able to see my son's hand digging in. He couldn't wait to eat these until I was done taking photos.:mrgreen:

When you got the time to write it down I would like to have the recipe . They look very good :)

danish recipe

Below are links to the recipe for these braids and also for danish pastries. The first link is for two videos that I recommend watching, there are certain things she does in the video that aren't mentioned in the recipe. The second link is for the actual recipe. She gives choices of different fillings. I made one braid with pastry cream and a mixture of berries, which is included in the recipe below. The other braid I found a simple recipe for a cream cheese filling and topped it with bing cherries we got at the farmer's market, just to experiment. I think we would have liked it best if we had combined the cream cheese with the berries. Good Luck!

http://www.pbs.org/juliachild/meet/ojakangas.html

http://recipecircus.com/recipes/Schnitzel/PASTRIES/Danish_Braid.html

corazon90 said:
Below are links to the recipe for these braids and also for danish pastries. The first link is for two videos that I recommend watching, there are certain things she does in the video that aren't mentioned in the recipe. The second link is for the actual recipe. She gives choices of different fillings. I made one braid with pastry cream and a mixture of berries, which is included in the recipe below. The other braid I found a simple recipe for a cream cheese filling and topped it with bing cherries we got at the farmer's market, just to experiment. I think we would have liked it best if we had combined the cream cheese with the berries. Good Luck!

PBS: Julia Child: Lessons with Master Chefs: Meet the Chefs: Beatrice Ojakangas

Danish Braid

Corazon --

Really great links, by the way, so thanks. Still watching the Julia Child video-- amazed how long it is (and it's so much fun to hear and see her again!). I'd recommend these to videos to others, and not just the video for the danish.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom