Date-Nut Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Need to get busy. Have friends and nurses looking at me with hungry eyes. Soooo here is what I'm making for tomorrow. One of my girl friends gave me the recipe so Thanks to Deanna. here goes, 1-1/2 oz water put the water into a large pot.add the dates 1-1/2 cup chopped 3/4 cup sugar,1/2 cup butter,1/2 cup chopped walnuts, 1 tea. good vanilla,bring this mixture to a boil stir often. remove from heat add 1-3/4 cups KA unbleached ap flour,2 large eggs,and 1-1/2 tea. baking soda. Mix well,pour into a greased 9x5 pan. Place in a 325-350 oven and bake 45-50 min. remove from oven and cool 15 min. then remove from the pan. place on rack to let bread cool completely 1 loaf this can be doubled.
enjoy
kades

I'm trying to figure out if you ever sit down and rest. :ROFLMAO: Your nurses are some lucky people.

I bought a nice package of dates before christmas and didn't use. Yes, date- nut bread is on the list. I have too many other perishibles that might need using up sooner, like some bananas for banana bread. The dates will keep and just have to wait their turn.

I'm trying to figure out if you ever sit down and rest. :ROFLMAO: Your nurses are some lucky people.

I bought a nice package of dates before christmas and didn't use. Yes, date- nut bread is on the list. I have too many other perishibles that might need using up sooner, like some bananas for banana bread. The dates will keep and just have to wait their turn.
The nurses and I have form a close knit bond and it makes me smile to see the look on their faces when they see goodies to enoy on their break. It sure is a nice feeling. Sit down who me? I sure do I have my lazy times. the dates I just used were dry And I'd put them in the freezer so my kitchen is smelling nice.Emmm banana bread sounds great:yum:
kades

I love date-nut bread. In respect for my dear, departed mother, this last Christmas, I made date filled cookies. They were her favorite, and I have her recipe. The date filling is similar, but with less water, to your date preparation before adding it to the bread batter. I'd like to make a cookie similar to a Fig Newton, but with a date filling. I bet that would be very good.

Your recipe looks like a winner. Let us know how the bread turns out. Thanks for sharing. You always give us such great stuff.:D

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I love date-nut bread. In respect for my dear, departed mother, this last Christmas, I made date filled cookies. They were her favorite, and I have her recipe. The date filling is similar, but with less water, to your date preparation before adding it to the bread batter. I'd like to make a cookie similar to a Fig Newton, but with a date filling. I bet that would be very good.

Your recipe looks like a winner. Let us know how the bread turns out. Thanks for sharing. You always give us such great stuff.:D

date-nut bread, yummm! banana bread, yummm!
The bread turned out great. I only put part of the sugar in it as I wanted it less sweet. I did however double the recipe and I love it.
kades/ma

Date filled cookies are my mom's absolute favorites!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom