Desperately seeking jumbo corn muffins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lisa110

Senior Cook
My family loves the giant, sweet, jumbo corn muffins they sell in the bakery of the Stop n' Shop supermarket chains. Does anyone know of a recipe that is close to, or could match them? They're almost cakey..and very moist for a corn muffin. As you can see, we're not non sweet cornbread 'traditionalists' LOL Any great recipes would be appreciated. :)

Thanks Andy! That does look like what I'm seeking! I'm going to bake the recipe in a jumbo muffin pan, and report back!

Andy, these weren't exactly the Stop n' Shop bakery muffins, taste and texture wise, but they were delicious! Moist and cakey in their own way, with a beautifully domed muffin top . I wasn't sure how long to bake the jumbo muffins since the recipe only gave directions for a pan of cornbread, so I baked them at 350 for 35 minutes. I think maybe 400 for 20-25 minutes might be better, although everyone said these were incredible! (I want them just a teeny bit 'stickier', if you know what I mean LOL)

Also, I wasn't using the best cornmeal, as I've heard that whole-grain Arrowhead Mills finely ground cornmeal is the best for cornbread and corn muffins. Any opinion?

Thank you so much for this recipe..as I've definitely found the best and closest recipe to the S and S muffins..and my family calls it a keeper :)

Back
Top Bottom