Hitting the Sugar Wall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Always room for more. Besides that was 1 something a.m. and I hadn't slept so it still counts as yesterday.:LOL:

Sausage, parsley, garlic, mozzarella and romano cheese.

Attachments

• sausage-bread-3.jpg
    sausage-bread-3.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 188
  • pizza-sausagebread-1-4-10-2.jpg
    pizza-sausagebread-1-4-10-2.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
I would think it will be to crumbly with biscuit dough. But I would be very interested in hearing how it turns out.

BTW I used Italian sweet fennel sausage. My aunt uses a combo of 2/3 sweet and 1/3 hot Italian sausage.

I would think it will be to crumbly with biscuit dough. But I would be very interested in hearing how it turns out.

BTW I used Italian sweet fennel sausage. My aunt uses a combo of 2/3 sweet and 1/3 hot Italian sausage.

I would dice everything but the cheese and mix it into the quick bread dough and sprinkle the grated cheese on top. Yum!

I want quick breads, I just bought a too big can of Baking Powder and need to get it used, and quick breads are not as chewy as yeast doughs.

Still learning how to eat!

I would dice everything but the cheese and mix it into the quick bread dough and sprinkle the grated cheese on top. Yum!

I want quick breads, I just bought a too big can of Baking Powder and need to get it used, and quick breads are not as chewy as yeast doughs.

Still learning how to eat!

I was thinking of a kneaded biscuit dough, not drop biscuits. I can't really imagine kneading it with all that stuff in it.

I thought of biscuit dough because I saw someone on TV do some pinwheels with Pillsbury biscuits and meat loaf.

I was thinking of a kneaded biscuit dough, not drop biscuits. I can't really imagine kneading it with all that stuff in it.

I thought of biscuit dough because I saw someone on TV do some pinwheels with Pillsbury biscuits and meat loaf.

You knead biscuit dough? Even with rolled out bicuits, I've never kneaded it. I try to work the dough as little as possible so they are light and flakey.

You knead biscuit dough? Even with rolled out bicuits, I've never kneaded it. I try to work the dough as little as possible so they are light and flakey.

Well, I don't knead them very much. ;) I do use lard and a mix of 3 parts soft flour to 1 part hard flour. It seems to work for flakey biscuits.

Well, I don't knead them very much. ;) I do use lard and a mix of 3 parts soft flour to 1 part hard flour. It seems to work for flakey biscuits.

I use lard and unbleached AP flour, a touch of kosher salt, baking powder, cut in the lard until I have pea sized pieces, then using my fingers, squish it through till I have lots of flakes, lightly mix in milk or buttermilk just until moistened. Pour out on board and roll out, cut.

Gosh, I had to think about it, been awhile!:LOL: I do pie pastry the same way, of course no baking powder and I use ice water instead of milk.

If using Bisquick, the recipe says, knead 10 times.

I love drops biscuits. Like Princess said "less cleanup" I'd hate to have to clean up after rolling out biscuits, plus I don't even own a rolling pin or suitable alternative like a piece of PVC pipe.

I never made drop biscuits. Any TnT scratch recipes for drop biscuits. I don't buy Bisquik.

BTW I don't roll and cut biscuits because after the first roll and the more they are handled the tougher they get. I just push the dough into a rectangle and cut rectangle biscuits they taste the same but tender. One cutting with the bench scraper, no dirty cutters or rolling pin!

Now I want sausage bread!! I may just buy a tube of Pillsbury pizza dough instead of homemade dough. It's not to bad in a pinch. Or Trader Joe's pizza dough.

Back
Top Bottom