Hitting the Sugar Wall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
I don't know about you guys, but I hit the sugar wall a few days ago and I am a sugar lightweight.

Are there any savory quick bread recipes that you like? I'm thinking of ham and cheese rolls, etc.

I found a good one at King Arthur Flour I'm going to try and it doesn't use any of their specialty add-ins. It includes scallions, garlic and sun-dried tomaotes. If interested PM me for the link.

But, I would really like some other ideas for add-ins.

I don't know about you guys, but I hit the sugar wall a few days ago and I am a sugar lightweight.

Are there any savory quick bread recipes that you like? I'm thinking of ham and cheese rolls, etc.

I found a good one at King Arthur Flour I'm going to try and it doesn't use any of their specialty add-ins. It includes scallions, garlic and sun-dried tomaotes. If interested PM me for the link.

But, I would really like some other ideas for add-ins.

Easy answer - CHEESE!

When Mom had the breadmaker we made an herb bread using 1/8-1/4 tsp. of spices like oregano, thyme, rosemary. It smelled so wonderful when baking. Keep herbs in mind when making a savory bread.

I spied this on FoodGawker a couple days ago and it's been on my mind ever since ... Veggie and Cheese Stromboli.

IMG_7971post.jpg

I think it's going to be dinner tomorrow night!

A recipe I got awhile back but never tried was bacon and cheese bread. If I ever find the recipe I might try it. :cool:

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom