How do you make biscuit mix?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a biscuit recipe with no fat of any kind. They taste similar to a sourdough. If you want fat, or you don't like sourdough, substitute heavy cream for the yogurt.

2 cups all-purpose flour, plus some "table flour"
1 Tbs baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cups plain nonfat yogurt

Preheat the oven to 425F.

Sift the flour, the baking powder, and the salt together into a medium bowl, then add the yogurt and stir the mixture until it forms a dough. Form the dough into a ball and turn it out onto a surface dusted with flour. Fold the dough in 1/2 and knead 5 to 7 times, adding just enough flour to keep dough from sticking to your hands. Gently roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter dipped in flour, cut dough into biscuits. DO NOT TWIST THE CUTTER!

Place cut biscuits on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, leaving at least 1-inch between each biscuit. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.

I haver seen the instruction "DO NOT TWIST THE CUTTER" in several
recipes. Why? That is, why don't twist? Does it cause a breakdown of some sort in the rising process? I've done that all my life, nothing different seemed to happen, or at least nothing detrimental.

but thanks for the recipe.:ermm:

Here's a biscuit recipe with no fat of any kind. They taste similar to a sourdough. If you want fat, or you don't like sourdough, substitute heavy cream for the yogurt.

1 Tbs baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Sift the flour, the baking powder, and the salt together into a medium bowl, then add the yogurt and stir the mixture until it forms a dough. Form the dough into a ball and turn it out onto a surface dusted with flour. Fold the dough in 1/2 and knead 5 to 7 times, adding just enough flour to keep dough from sticking to your hands. Gently roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter dipped in flour, cut dough into biscuits. DO NOT TWIST THE CUTTER!

Place cut biscuits on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, leaving at least 1-inch between each biscuit. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.

oops ! should have previewed my msg . . . I do know how to spell "have"

1 Tbs baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

how do you make biscuit mix? i want to eliminate trans fat without eliminating my biscuits. other types of fat are just fine by me though. i need more of it since the rest of my diet's mostly carbs.

What in your biscuit recipe contains trans fat? The recipe in my cookbook calls for shortening, and Crisco brand shortening contains 0g trans fat.

Sort of. Labeling laws allow them to round down so they pick a serving size that has .5 grams transfat and they're allowed to round that down to 0.

thymeless

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom