How to make crispy muffins?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sea

Assistant Cook
Hi all, I'm new here! I have been quite obsessed with muffins lately! My main aim is to make the top of the muffin crispy, while the inside is still soft (like the ones they sell at my cafe!)

Does anyone have any hints or recipes that do this? I have tried adding sugar/butter mixture on top which is nice, but I'd rather have the top naturally crispy. Do you think adding some polenta would work? Any hints or links to recipes would be great - I don't mind what flavour it is, I just want that crispy top...

i just sprinkle coarse sugar on top before i bake them. i do same thing on bundt and loaf cakes. i grease the pan then sprinkle with coarse sugar instead of flour , make a crispy shell on the top.

I'd make a streusel topping so they come out like coffee cake.

Combine some melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and just a dash of flour to help bind a little better. Mix the items together until they have the consistency of gravel. Add butter or brown sugar to reach that goal.

Make your basic muffin batter and place the struesel on top before they go into the oven.

Second idea - preheat your muffin tray along with the oven. Take the hot tray from the oven, fill with batter, and immediately back in. The hot pan will facilitate the caramelization of sugars that occurs at 320f, that's where you get your crunchy.

Back
Top Bottom