ISO bread machine banana bread recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
A friend asked me if my banana bread recipe could be made in the bread machine (I doubt it, one lines the pans with buttered parchment, bakes for about 2.5 hours at 275). So, I did a search on the Internet and found 3 recipes. One is for a yeast Banana bread, two are for "quick breads." Wondering if anyone has a TNT banana bread recipe for the bread machine.

Why does she want to use the bread machine? So she can use the delay cycle and have warm bread? Otherwise banana bread doesn't need kneading or rising so not sure if it would work. Maybe yours has a setting for quick bread that doesn't knead or rest -or a bake only . I would check before you use it

A yeast banana bread I would think would be like regular bread but with bananas - not what we usually think of as banana bread. If you want a yeast bread the bread machine would work great

Last edited:
Because of having no oven I've been baking cakes in my bread maker, it has a cake function. Just put all ingredients in, wet ones first, when it has beaten for a bit do a quick scrape down the sides sometimes it needs it. They are a bit 'tougher' than an oven cake but 1.5 hours n you got a log cake.

CWS4322 said:
The person has an oven that doesn't work, a bunch of ripe bananas.

If she has no other choice I would go ahead and do it. I would use the oven but well mine works!

Back
Top Bottom