ISO Homemade "Bisquick"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I don't use white flour, so I don't buy Bisquick. But, I keep finding recipes that call for Bisquick. Does anyone have a TNT Bisquick recipe? I tried one that I found on the 'net and it wasn't very good. If you happen to have a recipe that uses only whole grain flour, that would be even better.

Hodgson-Mills-Insta-Bake-Whole-Wheat-Variety-Baking-Mix-with-Buttermilk-071518020200.jpg

I would go with this substitute for Bisquick and only make enough for a single recipe by adjusting the amounts. If you want to stick with whole grain flour most recipes I've seen substitute 3/4 cup WWF for 1 cup APF, that might take a little adjustment depending on what you are making. Good luck!

Biscuit Mix Substitute Recipe - RecipeTips.com
Have you ever used that recipe? Is it close to a recipe that you use for biscuits?

Have you ever used that recipe? Is it close to a recipe that you use for biscuits?

No. I have tried other recipes that make a large batch of baking mix and found that it was not practical for me. These days I buy a low carb flour and only use it in very small amounts. When I did make biscuits my go to recipe was from the Fannie Farmer cookbook.

Baking Powder Biscuits Recipe | Epicurious.com

Thanks Aunt Bea.

I have been thinking about this and was wondering if you have a favorite whole wheat biscuit recipe that you currently use. If you do it would be a simple matter to combine the dry ingredients and cut in the fat to create your own custom version of Bisquick. You would probably need to use slightly less when making a Bisquick recipe, maybe remove two tablespoons from each cup to allow for the difference in flour. It would also be a good idea to refrigerate or freeze the leftover mix.

Good luck!

I have been thinking about this and was wondering if you have a favorite whole wheat biscuit recipe that you currently use. If you do it would be a simple matter to combine the dry ingredients and cut in the fat to create your own custom version of Bisquick. You would probably need to use slightly less when making a Bisquick recipe, maybe remove two tablespoons from each cup to allow for the difference in flour. It would also be a good idea to refrigerate or freeze the leftover mix.

Good luck!
Yeah, if I had a good biscuit recipe. :ermm: :LOL:

I'll give that one you linked to a try and if I like it, I will just mix some up with no milk. I taught Stirling to do that with his pancake recipe.

Back
Top Bottom