ISO Savory Muffins or biscuits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
I am looking for a recipe for savory muffins or biscuits that I can bring to a friends house for a party. She is serving a very hearty soup/stew. If you can, I'd like the temp and time to bake them in mini muffin tins. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Have you used the Search function up above to search the site for muffins and biscuits? I'm sure you'll find a ton that fit the flavors you're thinking of!

I don't think that biscuits could be baked in mini-muffin tins, but if you look under the muffin thread in the desserts forum you'll find a lot of good muffin recipes. You could modify any of the biscuit recipes on the site by just making smaller ones (either smaller spoonfulls or using smaller cutters if they're rolled ones).

This used to be a Paula Deen recipe, but I replaced the self-rising flour, which most people don't keep handy, with all purpose flour and baking powder, and I replaced the heavy cream with non-fat yogurt, which reduced the calorie and fat content and gave them a bit of a tangy flavor, like sourdough bread.

2 cups all-purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 Tbs sugar
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups plain, non-fat yogurt

Preheat oven to 500F

In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and yogurt until the dough forms a ball. Turn the dough out onto a surface dusted with flour.

Fold the dough in 1/2 and knead 5 to 7 times, adding just enough flour to keep dough from sticking to your hands. Gently roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter coated with flour, cut dough into biscuits. DO NOT TWIST THE BISCUIT CUTTER!

Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray, leaving at least 1-inch between each biscuit. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.

Last edited:
Muffins

I have a Williams-Sonoma recipe for Jalapeno-Cornmeal Muffins and a recipe for Cheddar Mustard Muffins from the CanadianBaker blog. Unfortunately they're not T&T, but they both sound excellent. Will post them if you're interested.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom