ISO Zucchini Nut Bread Recipe That Looks Like This

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
001.JPG

We have been buying this Zucchini Nut Bread at a shop in town, but we don't go there too often, it's just too far away.
DH suggested that I make it myself, but all of my attempts have not produced anything close to this bread.
I did send an email to the shop, asking for a list of the ingredients, which all places/companies are suppose to do when requested. Maybe this way if I had that, someone here at DC could help me with a recipe.
This is more like a cake, so nice and moist... maybe it has molasses in it?
Not sure, but looking for help.

This one from allrecipes sounds good, kgirl. :yum: It doesn't call for molasses, but you could sub half of the white sugar for brown sugar. Also, I always squeeze as much water as I can out of the shredded zucchini before adding it to any batter.

Zucchini Walnut Bread Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Last edited:
Here's a recipe from a previous poster that I copied and pasted. Unfortunately, I didn't capture the name of the poster. But the recipe is pretty good, if a little heavy on the oil. I cut back the oil to 2/3 cup. The zucchini bread is still very moist and tastes great.Zuchini Bread

"This is the best Zuchini Bread in the world. I saw it on Paula Deen's show and everyone loves it. If you don't like nuts in your Zuchini Bread, just leave them out. We do :)

Ingredients
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup water
2 cups grated zucchini
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar. In a separate bowl, combine oil, eggs, water, zucchini and lemon juice. Mix wet ingredients into dry, add nuts and fold in. Bake in 2 standard loaf pans, sprayed with nonstick spray, for 1 hour, or until a tester comes out clean. Alternately, bake in 5 mini loaf pans for about 45 minutes."

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom